Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By cmscss Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:50 pm
Hi there,

Forgive my ignorance but can JJ stream stems from the card, and play them along side a sequence?

I had the Live (pre 2.1) but sold it for many reasons and it’s MIDI was surprisingly limited.

Essentially I’m looking for a live brain to sequence:
- Synths
- A Vocoder (and route audio as carrier)
- Guitar pedals (Ottobit, Enzo, Tensor)
- Send sync
- Play 4x stems (no time stretch needed)
- Send polyphonic note data
- Send PC, CC per step (for pedals mainly)
- Use and route a keyboard controller

The Octatrack can’t sent PC messages per step, and both the Deluge and Live have lots of MIDI feature requests so I’ve been wondering about a JJ 1000?

Any pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Ben
By Lampdog Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:38 pm
No streaming. Everything needs to loaded into RAM. RAM is your workspace. Card is only for storage and load to/from, no streaming.
By Wormhelmet Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:59 pm
cmscss wrote:Hi there,

Forgive my ignorance but can JJ stream stems from the card, and play them along side a sequence?

I had the Live (pre 2.1) but sold it for many reasons and it’s MIDI was surprisingly limited.

- Synths
- A Vocoder (and route audio as carrier)
- Guitar pedals (Ottobit, Enzo, Tensor)
- Send sync
- Play 4x stems (no time stretch needed)
- Send polyphonic note data
- Send PC, CC per step (for pedals mainly)
- Use and route a keyboard controller

The Octatrack can’t sent PC messages per step, and both the Deluge and Live have lots of MIDI feature requests so I’ve been wondering about a JJ 1000?

Any pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Ben

The Deluge can:

- Synths - yes
- A Vocoder (and route audio as carrier) - no vocoder built in but can sequence it if midi enabled
- Guitar pedals (Ottobit, Enzo, Tensor) - yes if pedals have midi
- Send sync - yes
- Play 4x stems (no time stretch needed) - yes and more, and time stretch them if needed
- Send polyphonic note data - yes
- Send PC, CC per step (for pedals mainly) - yes
- Use and route a keyboard controller - yes (per track has to be setup)

Had mine since version 1.4 and a ton of features added since then and keep getting added quickly.

Most midi feature requests are going to be nrpn/rpn messages, midi fx like midi delays, ratcheting, etc

MPE support, live looping, QWERTY shortcuts using pads, and a bunch more coming in 3.0 soon.

If you want all that in another “sequencer only” with a lot of midi outs, with automation lanes, p-locks, incredible central brain midi sequencer try a Sequentix Cirklon. Can’t play stems though.

Why not use a DAW on a tablet or laptop though?
By cmscss Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:01 am
Thanks for that, just realised I posted this in the bug report forum so sorry for that.

Will look at the Deluge more. Have considered and iPad but touch screens are iffy live mainly because of sweat.

Cheers
By Wormhelmet Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:12 am
cmscss wrote:Thanks for that, just realised I posted this in the bug report forum so sorry for that.

Will look at the Deluge more. Have considered and iPad but touch screens are iffy live mainly because of sweat.

Cheers

You might check out BeatMaker 3 app on iOS also. A fast iPad Pro and BeatMaker 3 with a class compliant audio/midi interface with multiple 5 pin midi ports can be setup to control external gear, send midi cc’s, pgm changes, and use external controllers like a faderfox or padKontrol 16 pad controller. Everything can be midi mapped to controllers and it supports multiple banks of 16 midi channels, has auto focus for controller input, etc.

Powerful app with a good iPad Pro and some controllers plus external instruments or fx boxes.

Can control AU or IAA synths like vst’s also. It has clips and scenes and streams samples from disk so a 256GB or 512GB iPad Pro has a ton of potential. It has audio tracks and midi tracks, automation tracks and can do piano roll or grid sequencing and per step cc sequencing.