Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By spenny23 Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:53 am
hey all ive got mpc1000 (JJ OS 3.13), and im trying to increase the wave free size. Whether i put a 2gb or 16gb compact flash card in (card free amt. is accurate), my wave free amount is always 118.4 mb. im trying to load tracks (.wavs) on it but they total at about 425 mb, all in a folder with .pgm file. naturally, i am notified of "insufficient memory" when i try to load this folder that was usb transferred on my mpc1000. I get only 118.4 mb of the 425mb samples i want to load into a program.

im a dj so this is why im trying to have 425mb of .wav (songs) in one program.

how can i increase the wave free size? anyway to have more than 118.4mb?
By saltmcgault Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:35 am
what size is your RAM in your 1000?
By 6/8 Stanley Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:52 am
Not a JJOS question but good news is you maybe made the biggest MPC program ever. Bad news is you're stuck with the 118 MB so you need to slim that program down a bit so you can play and save it. Otherwise some other gear or an app.

I notice most of my programs have stuff I'm not using on that sequence so there's lots that can be reduced. But somehow 118 MB is usually enough even running a bunch of big programs so I don't do that. Plus I don't have to rename the program.
By MPC-Tutor Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:25 am
You are confusing RAM and storage. RAM is the working memory in your MPC, in your case, around 118MB of working ram. This is the maximum you can have, it cannot be increased.

Your CF card is just data storage, just like the hard disk on your computer. It just stores your files and projects, it cannot be used to provide any kind of additional memory, the MPC cannot utilise any form of 'disk streaming'.

It sounds like you are not using the MPC as it was intended; it is not suitable for playing back huge audio tracks - instead, consider using a laptop running a DAW.
By spenny23 Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:00 am
im assuming 128mb is the max RAM possible to put in the MPC1000 therefore max .wav free space is about 128mb
By Lampdog Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:12 pm
128mb is the workspace while the mpc is on.

CF card is for saving/loading only. There’s no streaming audio from cf card.