Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By masterdick Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:56 am
The more work I put into a project on JJOS 2XL the buggier its performance becomes.
When switching sequences in live play some of the events at the start of the next sequence either fail to sound or cut out shortly after the starting point. For example, the kick, crash or hi hat at 000.00.00 in the sequence that I'm switching to randomly cut out in live play.
My polyphony is under 20 voices at the time of switching sequences. Turning all the effects off doesn't solve the problem. I have around five or six audio tracks playing in unison in each sequence in addition to the single DRUM program that is giving me the issues aforementioned.

Has anyone else experienced this before? I've tried every workaround that I could think of. If I move the affected events from 000.00.00 to 000.00.01 then they play without problem but this time discrepancy in the sequence is noticeable to my ears.

I'll switch to OS3 for my next project and see if the problem persists.
By CharlesRandolph Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:43 pm
When this issue to happen. Make sure to cut the start and end point to the exact length you need, then truncate the rest. If that does not work, I'll make a copy of the sound. Here's an example of one sound,

Example. (Violin 1 and Violin 2 are the same sounds and Violin 2 is an copy of Violin 1.)

Seq 1 - Track 1 - Violin 1
Seq 2 - Track 1 - Violin 2
Seq 3 - Track 1 - Violin 1
Seq 4 - Track 1 - Violin 2
Seq 5 - Track 1 - Violin 1

Doing it this way the violin does not drop out, when changing sequences.
By masterdick Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:26 pm
Thanks for the advice. I'll try these methods when I get back to my studio and respond with the results.
I have already tried copying tracks and programs to fix the issue but I don't think I've tried copying the individual samples.
By CharlesRandolph Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:35 pm
masterdick wrote:Thanks for the advice. I'll try these methods when I get back to my studio and respond with the results.
I have already tried copying tracks and programs to fix the issue but I don't think I've tried copying the individual samples.

Yeah, It has something to do with the way the MPC reads the sound and looks ahead when changing sequences.