Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By CTM Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:45 pm
Hi all,

I love making a sequencer and using the 16 pads to drop bits in and out. This is a big part of how I write.

Think is 16 pads isnt enough. Neither is bank B,C and D and that means say ive got kick set to pad 1 on A. When im over on B I can drop that in and out.

I understand some guys get wicked quick but my DMC days are behind me.

A much better option for me would be if I could use my MIDI keyboard to trigger the mutes. So say C1 Pad 1(A) and keep going. This way with a 4 octive keyboard I could have all the pads without the need to just focus on one set of 16.

Is this possible? How?

(MPC2500 JJOS XL)
By CTM Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:03 pm
Anyone?

Im suprised more people are at least not 'me too' ing this.

I mean imagine instead oif the 16 pads (at once) you have 6 octaves of keys? Suerly its gotta be worth having such an option.

Then again im hoping one of you is going to say of course, this is how you do it......
By saltmcgault Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:12 pm
I like using track mute as well. Why not get your tracks within a sequence playing what you want. Then copy that sequence let says 5 times and then individually record the track mute events for each individual sequence to the way you want it.

I try to keep it to 8 tracks per sequence so I can use my assigned mix outs when recording into ableton. From what I've read you must use a ton of tracks within a sequence. So im not sure how much this would help but this is what I do. My workflow is unorganized and all over the place and time consuming but out of all the **** this the best way I've came across.
By CTM Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:35 pm
Hi mate, thanks for the reply.

I just use a sequence like a section of song. For EG a verse or a chorus 'sequence'

So my sequence will have say kick, snare, clap, perc, hats, hats 2, bass, lead, pads etc.

And they soon fill up the pittly 16 pads. Esspecially if I want to put a few CCs on a few pads too.

Seems the easy solution staring everyone in the face is to allow us to use our 48 key 4 octave keyboard nearly every studio has eveywhere.
By CTM Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:09 pm
Anyone?

No one even to converse this feature with? No one even to say its a crap idea?

Please dont tell me theres only me an SaltMcgaut left on JJOS ???

Has everyone vanished to the alure of MPCs with big screens that dont offer anything new? Saddened.....Deeply :(
By saltmcgault Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:17 pm
How many tracks do you use on average in one sequence? I think your idea of assigning track mute events via midi is a good idea. Ill have to look at the manual to see if that's even possible.

http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mpc1000/128 ... kmute2.htm

It says track mute events cannot be recorded.. but I do it all the time. weird.
By CTM Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:23 pm
Hiya mate,. Just you and me then. Pfft.

Its not in the manual fella. I have researched and played around on my MPC to try and find the answer myself. I have to conclude there is no way of doing this. Shame.

PS - Not my style but I liked your sound cloud clip.