Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Smutteringplib Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:12 pm
Hello everyone.
I'm trying to load up some single cycle waveforms to play my MPC like a synth.I made a few myself by precisely trimming and looping samples on the MPC itself and those all work great.
However, I tried loading in some of the Adventure Kid waveforms ( https://www.adventurekid.se/akrt/waveforms/ ) and they all produce clicking or buzzing when I try to loop them in the MPC. IF i loop them in Audacity they are fine. There are several old posts here where people say the AK cycles work fine. Any ideas why they are not working for me? MPC1000 with 2xl
By tapedeck Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:02 pm
dont know if this is related, but in order to use them on my 2kxl, i had to double them. so instead of a single cycle, it was two cycles. then they worked fine.

i wrote a script to do this w/ sox - there are hundreds of them so it took a while. i'll take a look see if i still have them, but try it with just one to see if thats the same issue.
By Harmoncj Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:12 pm
there are sometimes rules about loops on hardware samplers, I forget which apply to the MPC or if they apply to all MPCs heres what I've come up with:

* loop length is at least 125 samples
* at least 125 samples before and after the looped portion
* try to get the start and end points exactly at the zero crossings (note the MPC misrepresents the end point in the sample view window)

Also when using the MPC as synth with single cycle waveforms... the envelope lengths are actually linked to pitch! The higher you tune a sample, the shorter the envelopes become. I have a pretty useful batch of single cycles generated from audacity I just generated a saw wave in a new sample for every 5th of the range I wanted so I can keep the envelopes working in a familiar way.

I can upload this if anyone's interested. It's a very basic synth it takes up almost no memory so I use it a bunch
By Smutteringplib Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:36 pm
tapedeck wrote:dont know if this is related, but in order to use them on my 2kxl, i had to double them. so instead of a single cycle, it was two cycles. then they worked fine.

i wrote a script to do this w/ sox - there are hundreds of them so it took a while. i'll take a look see if i still have them, but try it with just one to see if thats the same issue.

If you could find the script, I would love to run it on my files!
By Smutteringplib Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:18 am
peterpiper wrote:I dled the pack01 and used a skript (batch in Audition) to multipy the length (x4). Tell me if they workand I can do the other packs too.
AKWF_0001

peace

Thank you!!!!
This made it muuuuch better, although there is still some clicking, it is much less noticable