Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By jeanpierresale Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:23 pm
Hi,
I'm hesitating buying a 1K vs a Elektron Digitakt because of Akai poor synthesis possibilities (just at first sight)

Do you know what are all the sample modulation and synthesis option with this MPC ?
Is there a way to randomize the start point of a sample ?
- modulate or randomize sample loop lenght
- modulate or randomise loop start point ?
- assigning keytrack to filter ?
and what are the other features :
can you assign a Q link to the start point of a sample

Can you organise samples and put few of them in a group so that when you edit a parameter (ex : modulation of the filter ...) it's edited the same parameter in all the samples of that group.
There is that feature in the Emu Ultra which is soooo time saving !

And last question on the sequencer ...
The grid mode is note clear :
Can you create a track from scratch in live do you have to stop the playback often when you've done with your x0x0 operations, or not ?
When you record live like a looper, in live situations, do you have to stop when you're done with recording to be able to edit other stuff and navigating in the menus and other sections of the MPC .... if no, which one ...ETc. ..

For a future MPC user, please help and maaaaany thanks
By NearTao Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:24 pm
Either folks don't have experience, or don't know?

A lot of the fancy modulation/randomization features in the Elektron gear do not exist in the MPC line.

You can assign a q-link to the start point of a sample.

In JJOS you can edit one or all parameters of a given program.

I have not done live x0x parameters, so cannot comment there... but you can absolutely finger drum in live and erase out notes live.
By MGoolas Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:15 am
Hey dude,
I just saw your post so excuse me for resurrecting a dead thread.
I am running jjos2xl which is my favourite and to my knowledge:

modulate or randomize sample loop lenght

Nope. You can only modulate Filter, level and pitch. But you can modulate it manually by using the qlink and recording your movements

modulate or randomise loop start point ?

No but you can chop a sample to small segments and control the chop that will play with the qlink. Almost like a granular synth in combination with the second qlink and note repeat set to 32steps that can control pitch for example

Assign Keytrack

No

can you assign a Q link to the start point of a sample

Yes, you can control the start point with the qlink and record that.

Can you organise samples and put few of them in a group so that when you edit a parameter (ex : modulation of the filter ...) it's edited the same parameter in all the samples of that group.

Yes you can multiSelect pads and assign-edit program features at once. You can also copy pads with parameters on other pads

Can you create a track from scratch in live do you have to stop the playback often when you've done with your x0x0 operations, or not ?

You don't need to stop playback but when in x0x mode you can edit one bar at a time, you have to change bar manually to edit the next one (but without stopping the sequence). Don't fantasize live manipulation on a live set though, it is not as intuitive as lets say an octatrack as you have to jump through menus and set the appropriate track

When you record live like a looper, in live situations, do you have to stop when you're done with recording to be able to edit other stuff and navigating in the menus and other sections of the MPC .... if no, which one ...ETc. ..

I don't know. Never used the looper.

The MPC w jjos is a great fantastic sequencer but its a bit rough under live situations and manipulation of real time things. If you want something that is more geared towards live recording and chopping etc etc but with poor offline midi editing capabilities you better go for an octatrack