Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By hfasher Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:36 pm
I've copied and pasted the part in the beat making bible below. does anyone know how to get multiple start loop points in trim mode?

Page 76

Understanding Loop Points
When we trigger an ‘un-looped’ sample by pressing a pad, it starts playing from the start point (A) and simply plays until it reaches the end point of the sample (D) as shown below:

On the other hand, when we loop a sample, we instruct our MPC to continuously play between a set of loop points for as long as we request it to. The idea of looping is represented in the diagram below:

When the sample is triggered, it begins to play from the master start point (A) and continues to play, passing our first loop point (B), until it reaches our end loop point (C). Upon meeting this second loop point, our sample knows that it must not continue any further and it must return to an earlier part of the sample. This is where our first loop point (B) is necessary - rather than jump back to the start point (A), our sample simply leaps back to our first loop point (B) and continues playing until once more it reaches the end loop point again(C) - and once again it returns to the first loop point (B). This process continues for as long as we hold down the pad.
By MPC-Tutor Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:56 pm
Your loop points in the example are the loop start point (B) and the sample's end point (C). To set an independent loop start point, unlock the loop parameter (the pad lock in the loop screen), it will now be independent of the sample start point, so you can now change it to whatever value you wish. The end loop point will always be the sample end point.
By hfasher Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:03 am
Ok. So on the trim screen, I can now hit pad 13 and the sample will play from the start A and then when it hits C it then loops between B and C. Perfect.
Except when I go back to my main window. I hit the assigned pad and it only plays the sample once from A to C without then looping.

I really appreciate your time.

H