Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By serpath Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:53 pm
hey all,

good new year to all first :)

so i have two MPC 1000 with actual JJOS2XL and 3 CF Cards:
1x Kingston Ultimate 266X 32gb
1x Kingston Ultimate 266X 16gb
1x SanData Extreme 32gb

the KingstonĀ“s seems to be the same except the size. the 32gb works without any problems and loading/saving go fast without any problems.
the 16gb Kingston gets formatted by MPC but if i save entire memory to it it stuck on saving samples. i tried small ones with a few kb and bigger ones with >500kb .. mpc saving process randomly stops while saving and nothing happen anymore. sometimes percent stay at random level between 1 - 100%.
the same lke with the 16gb one happen with the 32gb SanData Card except i never get this 32gb SanData finished formatted at the mpc.
i tried all 3 cards with different devices and they work there without any problems. last thing i want to try is to clone the partition of the 32gb but i dont belive that would help cuz it seems that it depends on the flash card controllers maybe.

so is there a possibility to work out the problem?

greetz to all and thanks for any help
By NearTao Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:44 pm
It's kind of hard to debug from across the wire. I doubt you've got a problem with size, I've used up to a 256gb card and had no problems. Right now I'm using a 64gb and a 128gb that are fine.

The problem is, it's hard to know if you (or somebody else) hit write limits on the CF cards, if the filesystem is corrupt, or any number of other potential problems.

Personally, my first suggestion would be to backup all your data on whichever card you want to mess with, and completely nuke/reformat (full, not quick), and see if you have problems with an empty card. If it works okay I'd slowly move content over and see if you get this bad behavior. If you hit a threshold where it starts again... backup anything new and toss the sucker. No sense messing with something that is funded up.