Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Niall Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:38 pm
Hi guys

It has been a long time since I had the MPC running or since I have been here. Most of the pad on my MPC1000 broke in 2012 I guess that might have been the last time I used it, though from 2009 onwards the pads were bad and I hardly turned it on.

Now I have new pads - we are rocking again : )

I have installed JJOS 1 - 4.99 and JJOS2 Version 1.22 - From Dec 2008. I know from being over on biglobe that since this time MANY new updates have been rolled out. I am utterly lost.

I have a few questions which I could not find answers to here having looked through search and the FAQs. If anyone is able to help that would be great.

Can I upgrade to a new version based on the license I already have? If so what?
I have no emails/files containing the passwords I must have had for OS1 and OS2 V1.22 - are these stored internally?
Any recommendations as to what I should upgrade to?

My use has changed slightly since I used to make beats on the MPC - Now I hope to play drums on the unit but also sequence a number of Hardware synths that I have via MIDI.

Big love all and glad to be back here : )
Respect
By NearTao Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:51 pm
From the site...
JJ OS3 is free. (However, it restricts to MPC into which the password of OS2XL is entered.)

If you're running OS2, I believe you got OS2XL for free, but boy it has been a while. You can install it and worst case it'll be in demo version to check it out.

Check the comparison chart http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mpc1000/chart_n.htm

I think you'll find the most interesting to compare is OS2XL to OS3 ver 2.xx. From memory the looper in OS2XL was a bit better, but you get much better audio tracks in OS3... OS3 dropped the way OS2XL handled patterns, but it has arpeggiators and chords...

Personally I went to OS3 when it came out, was frustrated about a few of the changes, but adapted to the new features and functionality pretty quickly... and have ultimately stuck with OS3.

JJ is still supporting both OS2XL and OS3 still... but OS3 gets far more bug fixes, especially the OS3 version 2.x line.
By Niall Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:24 am
Hi NearTao

Really appreciate your response.

I did what you said, installed every combination of OS form biglobe - Free version - to OS2xl to OS3 back to OS1 to OS2XL etc but the result was losing my original OS2 -4.99 license from 2008 and none of the others working. So I went ahead and ordered the license for the 0S2XL. Looking at the comparison charts I think I may jump over to the OS3. Though I will have a look again at the manuals online to see if required.

Thanks again for your assistance.
Respect!