Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By JeriKo Jackson Tue May 12, 2020 4:24 am
Still keeping my Live BUT... I finally got my hands on what will be my keeper for life 2500. It's an SE with JJOSXL. I have had few over the years and prolly 4 1k models. Ive done lots of moving and gear flipping over the years but the JJOS machines are special to me. It took a while to find the right one at the right price. Australian prices are stupid but I finally lucked out. 950 Aussie dollars. I'm almost crying tears of joy.
By mr_debauch Tue May 12, 2020 4:30 am
nice... yeah it is always nice having the new model, but when you have the old reliable trusted machine that comes through every time.... there is something to be said about that.
By Lampdog Tue May 12, 2020 5:01 am
mr_debauch wrote:nice... yeah it is always nice having the new model, but when you have the old reliable trusted machine that comes through every time.... there is something to be said about that.

And see it’s stuff like this that’s stopping me from selling my 4k.
I know I will regret it. It hasn’t seen daylight in months.
By JeriKo Jackson Tue May 12, 2020 5:11 am
I gotta be OG :nod: Every joint I had I mastered, maxxed out and customized. I'm gonna save again and find a 2k. The 2500, even though it was nukai, is that middle ground. And JJOSXL is so much godddamn fun to perform with.

My last JJ machine was a 1k I got in a bargain 750aud. Had the white screen, upgraded pads and I blacked out the buttons and upgraded all the tacts. Had the Live on preorder a month later and picked up a digitakt to **** with for 30 days. Long story short, out of the carousel, the 1k went first (digitakt sounded sooo good) and the Live remained. I have other posts about why I kept the Live in the end.

I have to have tempo change and time sig available end of story. I have work a around on the Live but it's BS we don't have it right there easy. And song mode breaks your song when you convert cuz it doesn't recognize tempo change.

Things I just love about JJ
Next sequence is dope af. When you set it to immediate it behaves legato when you change sequence.
Track structure is perfect. On the current MPC firmware audio and drum tracks are on separate tabs and don't share the track mute screen. Waaaack!
Chord track has settings for arpeggiating the notes as well as quantized repeat settings.
Pad HOLD!
So much MiDI control
There is more for sure but when I use my Live Im always wanting these things... Always :twisted:

Then there is the tactile nature of the 2500... I love it... I'm like a.kid waiting for Xmas.
Last edited by JeriKo Jackson on Tue May 12, 2020 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
By JeriKo Jackson Tue May 12, 2020 5:23 am
Lampdog wrote:And see it’s stuff like this that’s stopping me from selling my 4k.
I know I will regret it. It hasn’t seen daylight in months.

Don't do it bruh. They aint making it like that no more. Plus, as you well know, it was the last real Akai. I remember selling my maxxed out 2kxl. It was battle worn. I put the cf card reader in it and everything. After 15 years I sold it cuz of an OS move and $ :Sigh: I beat the hell outta that thing. I dropped it once after a show right on the pavement. The back corner hit the ground first and dented the casing. It never skipped a beat. Pads never failed. And the value since I sold it for $650aud has only gone up. These new joints won't and that I'm sure of. I have to keep my Live wrapped in a diaper. I baby the hell out of it.
That thing won't survive a hard knock, no way. Another few years the 4k becomes vintage. You don't wanna be that guy and neither do I :lol:
Telling you, next year it's 2kxl FTW :smoker: