Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Senju47 Mon May 25, 2020 10:08 pm
Hey! so I have been looking at getting this external effects box https://www.rockshop.co.nz/shop/behringer-virtualizer-3d-fx2000-high-performance-3d-multi-engine-rack-effects-processor.html (Behringer fx2000) so that I can start getting more creative with my beats on the 2500. I have never used an "analog" chain before and I dont currently have a mixer (DO have a Focusrite scarlet 18i20 3d gen) so, I assume I will need to get one.
my questions start with-
How would I physically go about connecting the effects box to my MP and or mixer?
how would I go about the connections from inside the MPC?

Appreciate any advice given as its clear I don't know shit about this type of set up...
By Lampdog Tue May 26, 2020 1:50 am
MPC’s 2 mono analog main outs -> (insert a multi-channel input mixer here for multi-channel mpc outs. Mixer 2 analog main outs- >)

FX2000 2 mono analog ins ->

FX2000 2 mono analog outs ->

Focusrite 2 mono analog ins.
By Senju47 Tue May 26, 2020 3:13 am
Appreciate it, so you are just saying to go
MPC main out> mixer in
Mixer out> fx 2000 in
Fx 2000 out> to focus rite in (for sending it all to a daw?)

If so can I just go back into the mpc before I send it to the focus rite? Or will that cause feedback

Just so I'm clear my main objective is to sample of vinyl into the mpc then send it to the effects to mess it up before chopping up and then sending to daw for mastering
Big love
By Lampdog Tue May 26, 2020 3:30 am
Yes to all of that.
Channel mute buttons on mixer can stop feedback from happening
But yeah be aware of audio loops.
By Senju47 Tue May 26, 2020 11:18 am
Safe, so how about inside of the MPC? any idea on what change to a workflow this might bring?
in a daw I would already have a chopped up loop going by the time I added effects, would it be the same with this set up and would the effects being added realtime?
By Lampdog Tue May 26, 2020 3:11 pm
FX are added outside MPC in fx2000 right.

FX2000 only has 2 inputs. MPC has more than 2.
By Senju47 Tue May 26, 2020 9:58 pm
But surely once its all hooked up I just go to record and press play and I will now hear the loop with effects?
will update this post with my finding for sure.
By Lampdog Wed May 27, 2020 6:12 am
Your audio interface is actually a mixer too.