Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By ZeusTheElevated Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:05 am
Hey folks, wondering if anyone can help me out here.

I’ve got a 2 bar loop that I want to repeat 3 times, then have a 2nd 2 bar loop I want to repeat once for a total of an 8 bar loop.

So I’ve got Loop 1 and Loop 2, want to put these together to get Loop 3.

What id normally do is go to song mode, have loop 1 repeat the three times, put in loop 2 at the end, then just convert that to a new sequence for my 8 bar pattern.

The issue is that loop 1 is 80.5bpm and loop 2 is 80bpm. I’ll do what I wrote above using song mode to make loop 3. What happens is that when I play my loop 3 sequence, the first 6 bars play at the proper bpm (80.5), the last bars play at their proper bpm (80), but then when the sequence starts to loop again, the whole thing is stuck in 80bpm (rather than reverting back to 80.5bpm for the first 6 bars then 80 for the last two, then back to 80.5).

Does anyone know how to change this so the sequence retains the individual bpms the whole time rather than getting “stuck” in the last bars’ bpm? I hope this makes sense!