Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Dan Jose Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:36 am
Hey guys how’s it going?

I recently sold my 2k after years and bought a clean 2500. I bought and installed jjos xl on it but just had a couple of questions about the chopping. I’ve been lurking around the forums and the manuals but have a few simple questions that would really help me out.

In non destructive chop mode. Is it possible to set less than 32 CHops / pads per sample? I was experimenting with cutting up a percussion break and couldn’t see a way to set less as I only really needed 9

Also, what exactly is the difference between the non destructive chop mode and slicing? I know in the standard OS it just assigns the slices to pass? So maybe it’s a redundant feature now in jjos?

In regards to re-editing chops. if you want to re-edit your chops, do you just go back into trim mode, go to the original sample that you chopped and then readjust the start and end points?

Also when doing non destructive chops, do you guys always make it into a new program file? Would be interested to hear how you guys work with it. I sample a lot in my tracks as well as sequence a lot of outboard gear but atm I’m just trying to solidify my abilities to edit my samples

Thanks for your help and sorry if the questions are basic.

D