Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Menco Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:16 pm
I’m thinking about (semi) dead tact switches. Maybe you can revive them with some contact spray.
By Menco Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:49 pm
Then I’m afraid those 4 pad bank tact switches are dead and must be replaced. You can give it another try withe the contact spray. Let it rest for a couple of minutes, then press the buttons a couple of times. Maybe your unit hasn’t been used for quite a while and has collected quite an amount of dust and dirt.

Are there any other buttons not responding well, or are you experiencing any other glitches?
By dryad-66 Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:21 pm
Menco wrote:Then I’m afraid those 4 pad bank tact switches are dead and must be replaced. You can give it another try withe the contact spray. Let it rest for a couple of minutes, then press the buttons a couple of times. Maybe your unit hasn’t been used for quite a while and has collected quite an amount of dust and dirt.

Are there any other buttons not responding well, or are you experiencing any other glitches?

No thats the weird thing,there all very good.I know what you mean,they can sometimes spring back to life.....I will replace them if i get no other info thanx.
By dryad-66 Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:16 am
NearTao wrote:It might be worth trying to disconnect, clean, and reconnect the connector cable ends. It's possible that this area has gotten oxidized as well...

Thats true i should disassemble the board first.Will order some switches before anyhow.But yeah thats the only thing that makes sense.
By dryad-66 Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:17 am
So changed the pad bank tact switches but no joy.Nothing.Good job i dont use many samples and also can have different programmes on separate tracks so......Not very good in case i wanna resell tho lol.Think I’m gonna hang on to this machine tho.I like it.Just passing the 4000 for instance through it and the comp and EQ really compacts the sound.So i get the best of both worlds.The 2500 finishes the 4000 off very nicely.Tames it and gives it an extra boot...Adds a but of gloss that i like too.

Edit-also tried cleaning the cables too,and has a good magnified look at the board for defects.Might drop it into my engineer....
By Menco Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:52 am
After replacing the tact switches and checking the cables it can’t be anything else but the board. Good luck, hope you’re able to get it fixed.