Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By theylive_wesleep Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:38 pm
Hi,

I've been using the MPC1000 with JJOS 3.16 (free version) for a couple months and for the most part it's going well. My setup is MPC1000 into Scarlett Focusrite into Logic. I do most of the composition/sequences in the MPC and then transfer the midi notes into Logic when I'm ready to "track it out." Fairly recently an issue has come up that occurs randomly and I haven't found a thread on it.

In this case I'm just using just drum samples in the MPC (so nothing extra with outside instrument routing etc). When I'm ready to transfer the sequence into Logic, I start switching each track's Midi from OFF over to 1A. For some reason (and only for some sequences) when I start to then play the track to record it into Logic the beat is wayyy off, the midi notes are all messed up and wrong. Not a normal midi delay or jitter or anything like that and not noise/distortion either (midi loop). It's just severely slowed down and out of time like it's crashing. If I start switching Midi back to OFF it gets better until finally it's back to normal when all of the tracks MIDI's are OFF again. I thought maybe it had something to do with the midi cables going in and out, but even with those unplugged (and the Midi sync off for both In and Out), the timing just goes crazy when i switch the Midi to 1A. It doesn't happen all the time, for some sequences it's completely fine which is why I haven't noticed it really until a couple months in. But it's frustrating because I have no idea when it will happen. Ill just add that it does seem some particular tracks will make it much worse than others.

Any idea what this is about? It seems like it's either a bug or something with memory. If there's an existing thread on this, I apologize I just haven't found it. I did find one thread that sounded a little similar but the guy was using a hardware instrument and the solution was related to that. Any help much appreciated. Thanks :-D
By TobeDowns Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:29 pm
Hi...What did you wind up choosing for this?
I have a MPC and at default startup the Squarp must be translated down 2 stages to coordinate the MPC's bank A.
I likewise can't make the MPC coordinate with Squarp's BPM despite the fact that the MPC says "EXT" in the wake of transforming it to slave in the midi alternatives.

I guess I should make a default program that coordinates the Pyramid's default note information so I can trigger the MPC cushions without rendering.

Some other thoughts/tips?