Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Fletchnyc Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:52 pm
Whenever I turn on my MPC 1000 (with auto load turned off), and go to the record function, I only have 20 seconds of recording time available to me. I’ve read that 16 Mg of RAM on the 1000 should provide for about 57 seconds of stereo sampling time. Is my ram reduced because of JJOS? Why would I only have 20 second available to me, if I don’t have anything loaded on the MPC?
By Fletchnyc Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:05 pm
JeriKo Jackson wrote:You def need to upgrade your RAM. Your 1000 has max ram if 128mb. Have you tried adjusting the time available with the jog wheel? Do you have any samples loaded? JJOSXL doesn't affect the RAM so far as I know.

Yea, when I adjust the wheel, that’s all the time I’m offered, and that’s with no samples loaded. I did order 128mb of ram, so eventually I’ll have more sampling time, but I’m just wondering why I have so little right now. The only thing I can think of is it’s because jjos 2XL uses up more memory than the akai os does.
By NearTao Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:40 pm
I believe later versions of JJOS consume a bit more memory so that you can store more programs, notes, etc...

You really need to get the 128mb upgrade though, as whether you use Akai OS or JJOS, 16mb of memory is still right around 60 seconds of stereo sample time. If I remember correctly the 128mb upgrade will leave you with over 20 minutes of mono sampling time... it's night and day.
By Menco Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:25 am
I can vaguely remember that I had more sampling time with the original Akai OS or the free JJOS. I thought I had over 12 minutes of sampling time with the 128MB ram expansion, but all of a sudden it decreased to roughly 11 minutes. I am on JJOS1 btw.
By Fletchnyc Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:34 am
Menco wrote:I can vaguely remember that I had more sampling time with the original Akai OS or the free JJOS. I thought I had over 12 minutes of sampling time with the 128MB ram expansion, but all of a sudden it decreased to roughly 11 minutes. I am on JJOS1 btw.

Cool. That’s what I figured. Thanks for the confirmation.