Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By monkiusz Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:41 pm
Just bought machine with free version of JJ OS already installed on it. Wanted to try XL and OS3 systems. Followed instructions on JJ site. In both cases (XL & OS3) - I see just one system on my mpc. When I try to hold TAP TEMPO button screen stays blank, doesn't load at all. There is even no "HOLD TAP TEMPO BUTTON TO SWITCH OS" text displayed on system startup. Same when I try holding erase button. Tried several times, going back to original Akai OS -> Free JJ 3.13 -> XL ->OS3, same results. Has anyone run into the same problem?
By monkiusz Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:18 pm
I don't have an option to switch OS not matter which one I have installed. My machine "see" just one of them. That's probably no big deal because finally I will probably go 100% OSXL route anyway but I'm worried about if everything is ok with my mpc.
By dryad-66 Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:53 pm
monkiusz wrote:
dryad-66 wrote:The free JJOS gives you the option to reboot back into the standard Akai OS.Not XL ect.

Not sure if that's just a case of MPC 1000 but here it works different (look at 04:52s)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-UDT2cPbG8

And I don't have this option even between Akai OS / free JJOS like you said.

Yeah maybe 2500 works different to the 1000.Anyway with th bin files on your card/drive you can just load up which one you want.I hope.....