Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By MIDI BLASTER 6000 Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:28 pm
So I'm using JJOS 2XL. The way I've been recording songs is probably not ideal, I just make every beat and loop of midi notes as an individual track in the same sequence, then record a song live in one shot by track muting to progress through the song. How do you guys work on a longer sequence that takes more than one sitting? I know there is a SONG feature that can play multiple sequences in a row, but it looks like you can't save a SONG by itself? I have been saving my sequences and programs individually. I also notice when I load my sequence again, the FX / mixer settings / Q link settings are gone. Are these not part of the sequence?

I know there is also a "save all sequences and songs" option but it's not clear to me what that saves. Is it just whatever is currently in memory? Does it include samples? Is it some kind of cumulative file?

Any ideas would be much appreciated.
By Menco Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:49 pm
It does what it says, saving all sequences and songs that are in RAM memory. Also the arrangement in Song Mode. It is also possible to turn that song into one long sequence. I am not on JJOS-XL, but on the earlier version and Akai OS the FX settings are saved as part of an All Seq and Songs file. Maybe mixer and Qlink settings are also saved as part of a All Seq and Song file.
By Lampdog Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:15 am
One project/song at a time is what it's designed for.
It's doing it's job. SAVE ENTIRE MEMORY saves everything in ram/memory.
Good practice is one folder = save entire memory = one project/song.
We don't always work like that though.
This same feature is on my MPC 4k.
By Sense-A Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:57 pm
Yeah I create one folder for the day with all sequences samples in that one folder.

In the old days I only had a couple zip disks and a shoebox of floppies. I couldn't just dump all sounds/programs/samples into a new folder each time. I kept a notebook for each song, which floppies and sequences and drums I used, which tracks to mute or unmute written down. I needed that notebook to know which floppies and zip disks I would need to reload a project and it would take 15 min to get a project reloaded if the scsi wasn't giving me hell and refusing to recognize drives.

You guys got it easy.