Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Overbeck Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:22 pm
Hello,
I’ve been having trouble getting all my drum sample kits to have the same midi note number layout for all the pads.

I’ve tried using MPCmaid and BlueBox to create my drum kits and assign each PAD with a MIDI trigger note number.

From MPCmaid or Bluebox all the notes are assigned as I want them to be but when I load them onto my MPC and try to play the drum kit with a MIDI keyboard they are all over the place.

I am using the JJOSXL trial.

From the link below it says: *MIDI NOTE 36-99 is A01-D16 of a pad. (This setup cannot be changed.)
http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mpc1000/os2 ... ample3.htm

I really have a bit of headache now because I can’t seem to find a standard way to build my drum kits on the MPC1000, having my own custom pad layout on the actual machine but retaining the standard general midi percussion layout on the MIDI keyboard.

Do you have any suggestions how should I manage these layouts with this machine?

What layouts do you use for your sample libraries?
By MPC-Tutor Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:40 pm
As per my email reply:

JJOSXL forces a specific MIDI Layout, chromatic starting at MIDI note 36 on pad A01. You cannot change this and upon loading it will rearrange any kits made with a different MIDI layout. If you need to change MIDI notes then JJOSXL is not for you, use the ‘free’ JJOS or JJOS1 instead, as these allow you to change the MIDI note assigned to a pad. Just save a blank template PGM and load this first whenever building a kit.