Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By allmyfriendsaresynths Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:01 pm
Hey,

I am new to the MPC world, so please be kind!

I am trying to figure out how to punch in recording while the MPC is slaved to an external clock without having to stop the sequence and restart each time.

For example, to enable punch in recording, it seems that I need to start the external clock (which triggers the MPC to start running) while holding down the Record or Overdub button. But... if I want to come out of Overdub mode to practice hits, then go back into Overdub, I can't do it without stopping and restarting the external clock.

Am I missing something obvious? I'd like to just be able to come in and out of overdub mode without having to stop/restart the sequence when the 2500 is slaved. Thanks!

MPC: 2500.
By Paradigm X Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:52 pm
i use jjos1 rather than free, but i do this all the time, and its a pretty basic function so hopefully will be in the free version.

you have to hold overdub and play (NOT play start unless you want it all to jump back to bar 1:00). itll then continue flawlessly but in overdub mode, so you can record. you can also move tracks and keep adding layers, its awesome. then just click overdub again to go back to play mode.
By allmyfriendsaresynths Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:06 pm
Paradigm X wrote:i use jjos1 rather than free, but i do this all the time, and its a pretty basic function so hopefully will be in the free version.

you have to hold overdub and play (NOT play start unless you want it all to jump back to bar 1:00). itll then continue flawlessly but in overdub mode, so you can record. you can also move tracks and keep adding layers, its awesome. then just click overdub again to go back to play mode.

Thanks a lot! I actually just figured this out by accident as well. It does work in the free version - just like you described. So good. I wish undo worked without having to stop... but maybe it does and I'm just being dense.