Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By eLuSiVeMiTe Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:26 pm
Evening All

Been through the manuals and had a poke around Google before posting.

Currently sequencing all my hardware from an novation SL MK3 over 2 midi dins.

Acquired a 1000 last week and finally slotted it between the SL and my hardware tonight.

My aim. Send midi from both the keyboard and sequencer to and through the mpc to the synths/samplers on there respective channels

My issue is I can't see any way to route mpc in 1 to out A in Omni and
mpc in 2 to out B in Omni.

Selecting Omni a+b mixes din1 ch1 and din2 ch1 together out of both a and B

If I was to wire everything up to 1 Din and select Omni a it functions as I want it to
But limits my channels for the multitimbral gear

Am I stuck with that option or have I missed a setting?

Hope that makes sense

Cheers
Rob
By eLuSiVeMiTe Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:54 pm
To add to this.

Each synth has a midi track on the MPC routing it to the correct output and channel

Further searching it seems I'm stuck with one Din if I want to pass midi as I intend.
:(

Previous setup I had a renaissance sending and receiving midi to the SL via USB
And would send to each din as per track settings.

Is there any way to specify what din/channel a track recieves on?
By AttackDecay Sat May 01, 2021 11:57 am
I'm not completely clear on what you're trying to accomplish. I'm not aware of any way to specify which MIDI input is assigned to a track. That being said, you shouldn't need to. Unless there are two people playing two different MIDI controllers trying to route them simultaneously through the MPC which, if that's the case, is not how the MPC was meant to be used.

If you are trying to use your MIDI controller to record multiple sequences for your hardware synths you just need to record each one as a separate track within the MPC. You assign each track the MIDI channel it will send data out to. By doing this you can send 32 simultaneous tracks of MIDI data out of the MPC.

Is this what you were asking?
By mikolo Mon May 03, 2021 10:01 am
Got to MODE + PAD 8[MIDI/SYNC]
In JJOS
Turn Multi-timbral mode : ON

INPUT:
MIDI in channels 1-16 are routed to MPC tracks 1-16
On JJOS 2XL ( havent checked the others)
You can offset the MIDI 2 input channels by +0-15

OUTPUT
Soft Thru: Can be be OMNI A, OMNI B, OMNI AB & As track (or OFF)
As track is the most flexible option as you just assign the desired output channel and port for each track