Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:31 pm
Just found this on the JJOS website, you can now install a mSATA SSD in your MPC 1000 & 2500 (As long as you have the HDM-10 adapter)

Also a video on using a SSD and Sata To IDE converter adapter

By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:36 pm
Metaphor wrote:I can happily confirm that this works flawless on my MPC 1000 with JJOS2XL, version 3.74.

Loading seems a little bit faster compared to a regular HDD and the MPC is now completely quiet :worthy:

Dope man need to do this on my 2500 :smoker:

Did you go 120Gb or 256GB?
By richie Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:09 pm
I suggest anyone else reading this to watch the end of the video.

It basically shows benchmarks that using a CF card adapter with a microSD card inserted into it will load at save at basically identical speed to the SSD. So using an HDM adapter isn't really necessary unless you want a second storage volume in addition to the CF card slot.
By Metaphor Fri May 07, 2021 7:50 pm
Psychedelic Schizophrenic wrote:
Metaphor wrote:I can happily confirm that this works flawless on my MPC 1000 with JJOS2XL, version 3.74.

Loading seems a little bit faster compared to a regular HDD and the MPC is now completely quiet :worthy:

Dope man need to do this on my 2500 :smoker:

Did you go 120Gb or 256GB?

I used the exact same 120 GB Sandisk SSD that JJ Soft used in his video. Have been using the SSD for a couple of weeks now and had zero problems.