Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:31 pm
Just found this on the JJOS website, you can now install a mSATA SSD in your MPC 1000 & 2500 (As long as you have the HDM-10 adapter)

Also a video on using a SSD and Sata To IDE converter adapter

By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:36 pm
Metaphor wrote:I can happily confirm that this works flawless on my MPC 1000 with JJOS2XL, version 3.74.

Loading seems a little bit faster compared to a regular HDD and the MPC is now completely quiet :worthy:

Dope man need to do this on my 2500 :smoker:

Did you go 120Gb or 256GB?
By richie Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:09 pm
I suggest anyone else reading this to watch the end of the video.

It basically shows benchmarks that using a CF card adapter with a microSD card inserted into it will load at save at basically identical speed to the SSD. So using an HDM adapter isn't really necessary unless you want a second storage volume in addition to the CF card slot.
By Metaphor Fri May 07, 2021 7:50 pm
Psychedelic Schizophrenic wrote:
Metaphor wrote:I can happily confirm that this works flawless on my MPC 1000 with JJOS2XL, version 3.74.

Loading seems a little bit faster compared to a regular HDD and the MPC is now completely quiet :worthy:

Dope man need to do this on my 2500 :smoker:

Did you go 120Gb or 256GB?

I used the exact same 120 GB Sandisk SSD that JJ Soft used in his video. Have been using the SSD for a couple of weeks now and had zero problems.
By Leo T Towarischtsch Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:52 pm
Hello people!

I just installed a Yucun MSATA 256GB into my mpc 1000. It works just fine, but i can only see about 130 gb, which is a pity, does anybody know, why this is?

Cheers
Chris
By Sense-A Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:25 am
I'm pretty sure there's a thread where, after much debate, we figured that about 128gb is maximum the mpc 1000 hardware will recognize. Fact check me on that.

Also, I doubt that a mSATA SSD will perform much faster if at all to a standard SSD adapted for ide. Again, I could be wrong. But I'm pretty sure that the bridge in the circuitry is the bottleneck and it wasn't designed to facilitate higher speeds of mSATA ssd.

My MPC 1000 boots very fast with a standard IDE hard drive. And the CF card saves and loads fast. Any increase in speed is unnecessary in my opinion.
By hazeholiday Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:43 am
Leo T Towarischtsch wrote:Hello people!

I just installed a Yucun MSATA 256GB into my mpc 1000. It works just fine, but i can only see about 130 gb, which is a pity, does anybody know, why this is?

Cheers
Chris

Just a thought, but have you tried formatting it from within the OS since installing?

Load Screen > select Hard Drive > Window key > F2 (Format)

on my 2500, although YMMV.
By verbalee Tue May 17, 2022 4:00 am
I just installed a 128 GB mSata SSD and can confirm that it is super quiet like no noise at all quiet. Big difference from the previous hard drive I had in my 1000 that made noise when accessing the load/save functions. Just a small quality of life improvement but nice none the less.
By verbalee Tue May 17, 2022 4:02 am
Leo T Towarischtsch wrote:Hello people!

Cheers
Chris

I think JJ explained on the JJOS YouTube page it caps out at 130 GB due to the limitations of the hardware. Any size hard drive over 130 will only allow 130 GB to be used.
By Valla_Toll Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:06 pm
Hello there. I recently purchased a Kingspec 128gig msata ssd.

It doesn’t look to be the same as the ssd/housing purchased in the video.

Aside from the sata to IDE converter, what else do I need to install? Something isn’t adding up or I got the wrong drive?
By JSoopaFly Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:10 pm
Valla_Toll wrote:Hello there. I recently purchased a Kingspec 128gig msata ssd.

It doesn’t look to be the same as the ssd/housing purchased in the video.

Aside from the sata to IDE converter, what else do I need to install? Something isn’t adding up or I got the wrong drive?

I just installed an MSATA SSD into my 2500.

This is what I used and it works:
SSD:
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0BRSLQ9PK?psc ... ct_details

IDE to MSATA:
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0CMTT15FD?psc ... ct_details