Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By plord Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:31 am
Hi gang I am losing my mind here and hope what I am seeing is a known thing with a known workaround. I use my MPC1000 "the usual way" with no issues, but I also use it to drive an analog drum brain (Vermona DRM1 mkIII) via MIDI on 10 of the pads, then use another 4 pads to send a short, loud pulse wave sample to the individual outs, which I use to clock various parts of a modular synth. If I use JJOS version 1, and a program file I made with MPC Maid, loaded from the MPC internal HD, it all works. I set up certain MIDI notes in the .pgm, they map to the DRM1, all good. I send my pulse sample on pads A13-A16 to the 4 individual outs, woohoo, clock central. But I want the features of OS2XL or OS3 for you know, samples and shit.

BUT, if I boot the MPC with OS2XL v3.69 (what I have handy), and load the same .pgm file, the midi notes are changed? What I saved in the .pgm file isn't what loads into memory on the pads. In fact it just runs pad A1->A16 through MIDI notes 36-51, not at all what I want. If I try booting into JJOS3 v2.41 (latest), load .pgm file, same problem, "wrong" MIDI notes (same wrong ones). Boot back into JJOS1, load program file...works again. So the "right" MIDI notes are IN THE PGM, apparently, but OS2XL or OS3 will not load them from the program file?

Mode->Program (either OS) does not seem to let me change the MIDI notes...and changing the outputs on the OUT tab does NOT actually send anything to the 4 individual outs. I set This also works in OS1, not OS2XL or OS3.

What am I missing? How can I edit a .pgm file with MPC Maid or MPC 187 Pad in a way that OS2XL or OS3 will read and follow? OR how do I edit MIDI note numbers for each pad from Program mode on the MPC (this works in OS1)? AND how do I send a sample on say, pad13 to an individual out 1? Because none of that is working.