Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By jaasi Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:49 pm
Hi,

I lately have a weird issue with my MPC. I've tried to find something on this, but it seems like there is nothing on this issue yet in this forum.

I'm using an MPC 2500 with jjos xl 3.68. I've used that unit for many years without ever having this issue. So here's the issue:

I have an 8-bar sequence, I record some samples, put in some drums, have a nice project going and suddenly I'm in a 2-bar sequence with all the recorded events and all the tracks lost. However, all the programs and samples I recorded remain intact and the tempo of the sequence also stays the same that I changed it to.

That is messed up! And I have no idea what might cause it. What's even stranger is that one time, after that happened, everything reappeared out of nowhere! So, out of the 2-bar sequence with no events or tracks, I was back in my old project as if nothing happened.

Does anyone have an idea what might cause this type of behavior? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Greets from Germany