Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Privatecaller Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:07 pm
Hi. Im using My MPC1000 with JJOS3 to load samples and trigger them thru a Doepfer Midi external sequencer while i have some other machines pluged after The mpc, wich recieve The midi messages the mpc outputs. I want to be able to record midi and control everything from the sequencer to the MPC and be able to rout it Out to outboard gear as pleased. I Have trouble getting the MPC to be set to recieve midi notes in ALL channels Out put them to the outboard gear, but get drum programs to respond only to the input channels that i choose, Instead, Drum programs react to any note Midi message recieved and then it outputs it properly to other gear, This comes into trouble when i place the DOEPFER MIDI SEQUENCER -----> MPC -----> other synths . I cant get it to thru the information without making the drum program go crazy.
Now, Whats the answer ?
1) A midi thru device ? how could i set that up ?
2 ) Instrument program ? Can that function bypass midi messages and still output them as desired?
3) Using another JJ OS?q
4) XXX i tried the midi filter but it will kill every incoming message per port
5) Get another sampler to do the Job and use MPC1000 only to record midi ? ( no please)

Thanks

L