Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By CTM Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:11 am
Im kind of put off JJOS by the sheer lack of any decent written instructions of how or even what functions exist.

At least with the AKAI OS or JJOS free you know whats going on.

Its fine to say work through stuff and such but maybes people hit things different ways. I like to read through and know whats what.

I'm currently going through you tube and such and experimenting myself, but its the biggest draw back for me. Any one else or am I alone with this thought?
By 6/8 Stanley Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:25 am
The manuals here http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp are well done in my opinion, but you can't go there and download one manual that has everything. At least I couldn't. The manuals for your MPC and JJOS version also refer to manuals for other jjos versions. So you need to read the manual for your version carefully and see what other jjos version manuals you need so you can also download those. JJ's manuals are only for what's different from AKAI os so you also need the AKAI manual.
For example I have mpc 2500 with jjos 128xl v2. So to know about it I need all these manuals from JJ's site: 128xl, 128xl v2, XL, and os1. Also need AKAI 2500 manual plus addenda 1.1 and 1.2. Since none of the manuals have much explaining how to use the features I also got the MPC-Tutor books.
I need to read all that stuff again. Easier reading the second time.
By NearTao Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:08 pm
I hear ya, it is tough, but JJ is a one man shop... I doubt he's going to put a pdf together at this point.

JJOS towers over the Akai OS, so it is the right choice, even if you have to work a little bit more to find the details on his website or YouTube to get your answers. You can always go back to Akai OS though... so no harm in going back.
By CTM Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:09 pm
Hi all, thanks for replies

@ DocBrown

Thanks for the links. Like you ive been on here yonks. I am aware. I bought both ages ago and even went to the liberty of printing both copies that cost around £30.

Id argue the first manual for the Akai OS is amazing! And part of the reasons I feel put of with JJOS where features seem to come and go. With that book there's not much not to know about the MPC.

The second book though. Its just about chopping. Don't mean to bad mouth but its far from the same again for JJOS like the I hoped for before purchase So I will maintain, there is no JJOS manual.

Pic of my printed manuals to show im not full of hot air.
https://flic.kr/p/2mRkmdG

@ Stanley

Yeah I know about this site but its a mess. And I have slight dyslexia and the Jap-glish grammar doesn hel when Im trying to learn a complex subject. Still, this is my go too when im trying to work stuff out. But again I often feel more powerful on Akai OS as it is well documented and never changes.

I sort of am starting too feel with JJOS power is nothing without control.

@NearTao

Yeah I don't blame JJ as such. I cant believe how much one man can actually do! His output is 5 times that of mine at least and thats when I am motivated. I applud JJ. Admire him as a human being for what he has done single handedly.
By 6/8 Stanley Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:51 pm
If you have a PDF editor, like nuance for example, you can download the required manuals from JJ site. Then cut, paste and assemble until you have a PDF manual for your OS version.
I might do that someday.

A more challenging project would be make an AKAI manual together with it's updates and put it together with an assembled JJOS manual, replacing the parts changed in JJOS. An all-day job but worth it.