Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Sklobi Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:43 am
So, I bought a 1000 and it came with the XLCD and JJOS. Problem is, the JJOS was version 1.0.4 I needed to update. I tried updating but I didn’t see anything like JJOS128 like mine came with. I tried updating to a couple different ones but I have had no luck with finding an updated, free version(apparently) of something better than the 1.0.4 that mine had. I can’t save on current version I’m running. This “xl” “xlcd” big screen, not big screen confusing ass shit had me lost. Please, I need help. I have mpc1000. 32gb cf card. XLCD large screen. I just wanna go back to saving and loading, not freezing and losing everything, not freezing when I wanna load a sample. Sorry to sound like I’m bitching, but I can’t be the only person to have been confused. I just don’t wanna sell it and use it as intended… to make
By MPC-Tutor Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:42 am
The basic firmware that comes with the large screen is not available to update online. I don't think it can be updated, it's really just there to provide a base for you to install JJOS128XL or 128SP. It's likely that 1.04 is still the most current version, although TBH I haven't looked into this for some time. Basically you must purchase 128XL if you want to upgrade the free OS that it currently has installed, you then have the option of installing 128XL or 128SP.
By Sklobi Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:58 pm
:worthy: So which version will allow me to save and load my projects?? I love JJOS and it’s features. Is the akai OS version free to install, save and load projects? I hate losing everything each time. Or it freezing up randomly.

Thank u for getting back to me as fast as you did MPC Tutor! Your a legend in the community FYI :worthy:
By MPC-Tutor Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:34 pm

You should be able to save with 1.04, I don't believe there are any restrictions in that respect, it's just lacking in features compared to 128XL.

Random freezing is not normal and I don't believe it's a known issue with 1.04, this is more likely a problem with the MPC hardware, such as faulty RAM (temporarily take out the ram chips to see if it fixes it) or a loose cable inside (e.g. the screen cable, the pads, hard drive etc). Perhaps someone with more recent experience with the large screen can help.
By Sklobi Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:05 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Thanks :)

You should be able to save with 1.04, I don't believe there are any restrictions in that respect, it's just lacking in features compared to 128XL.

Random freezing is not normal and I don't believe it's a known issue with 1.04, this is more likely a problem with the MPC hardware, such as faulty RAM (temporarily take out the ram chips to see if it fixes it) or a loose cable inside (e.g. the screen cable, the pads, hard drive etc). Perhaps someone with more recent experience with the large screen can help.

Will do. I was also thinking maybe when JJOS was installed, maybe “ERASE” wasn’t held on first start up….? Well that’s what I had hoped. I also did a “MEMORY CHK” I believe it’s called. It took a couple mins but it went thru and scanned all the memory. All 4 went to 100% and said it passed. Also don’t think it has any internal memory. Or it’s messed up. It won’t save or load or anything to its internal memory. There aren’t any default sounds I guess. Not sure why. But thank you for all your help, it has helped steer me where I need to go, and what I need to do. I’ll look to see if I can find a copy of that very limited version 1.0.4 somewhere. I don’t think I saw it on the website. #Salute