Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By rjd2rjd2 Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:51 am
Hi all-so I'm trying to transfer a bunch of programs from a 2xkl to a 1000, and I have been able to save them to zip, dump to Mac OSX via outboard zip drive, and transfer to card on a 1000. At least visually, the machine appears to load the program and sound files(saved in SND format). However, none of the transferred sounds are audible. If I go to the program page, and hit pads, I see the names of the files. But I get no audio. The stock internal audio sounds are audible. Am I overlooking something obvious? Thanks for the help.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:06 pm
You could use the 7 day MPC Software trial, or potentially the free MPC Beats. But the MPC Software will load all the SND files, just drag them into a blank project and save the project, the resulting projectData folder will contain everything auto converted to WAV format. Or you could even load the PGMs, the MPC Software even has an MPC1000 program export feature (not available in MPC Beats). It's a bit of work, but for one off conversions works well.
By rjd2rjd2 Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:23 pm
thanks yall! luckily i have an old PC laptop, and was able to batch convert the SND files to WAV. I have yet to see how they will map in the programs, but the audio itself is at least converting.
By Pgmdrums Wed May 04, 2022 10:43 pm
the 2000xl ---> jjos transition is not a smooth one, thats for sure. I am currently running jjos-XL ver 3.76, my mpc25000 loads up snd files no problem, but if i load a pgm that was built on the 2000xl, it usually only transfers half-way, the sounds will be there but the attack/ decay and filter settings are gone, the truncation is gone, etc.