Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By rjd2rjd2 Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:43 am
Hey folks, I was hoping some of you might be able to kindly chime in and let me know if there are any versions of some features I'm used to on the 2kxl in the 1000. I know that this info could possibly be found in either the search function, or RTFM, but I'm not sure what my search terms would be for some of these honestly. Truth be told I'm an old ass man in his 40's that spent 20+ years reading manuals and I'm over it. Maybe I've given back to the MPC world via my records enough to get a few favors, lol. Here goes:

1-in the 2k, when trimming a sample, the "slider shortcut" saves me a TON of time. the one where you hold the button down, and the note variation slider will make it go faster. is there a shortcut like this in the 1000?

2-is there a way to select what stock programs are loaded upon boot? i.e. none of them? I am trying to set up this machine for touring, in a manner where I have about 15 programs that just autoload upon booting the machine.

3-is the "natural note sustain" feature in a different place? I'm converting programs from a 2k, and the feature where the note only sustains as long as the pad is depressed is converting, but i can't find where that function is in the program page.

Thanks much for any notes on this, I appreciate it.
By rjd2rjd2 Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:44 pm
Hey, just a little follow up here, the machine I bought was advertised as having JJOS but apparently it didn't. I upgraded the OS and it solved problem #1. I also have found that if I convert the SND files to WAV files, and do NOT touch mac OSX anywhere in the chain, it saves me a ton of time. Mac OSX essentially bricks any audio file that has a name over 8 characters, and it's irreversible. If I format a zip on PC, then save 2kxl files to said zip, then return to PC and convert via WAVND app, then dump folder to 1000, it gets me real close, there's only a few parameters I need to manually rebuild. Hacking my way thru here, maybe this info helps some rando in 2025 lol.
By dust Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:42 pm
I'm another old ass man who went from the 2k classic to the 1K w/JJos and had similar issues getting my 2k samples to load in the 1k. I'll try some of your suggestions, thanks.
I'm surprised nobody answered your other questions! If you haven't figured it out yet,
#2- theres an autoload folder (or you can create one called AUTOLOAD on your CF card). There's a window/menu function that allows you to select whether this folder is autoladed at startup.
# 3 you mean the note-on function? you change that in the program menu.
The JJOS manual is shit, and his youtube vids are confusing as hell. I figured my way around this thing by just pressing the WINDOW button everytime it lights up, and finding all the menus. Still working on getting it down. The 1k is like flying a plane compared to the 2k classic.