Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By JayJay Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:20 pm
Hi there!

I'm looking for an option to connect an Akai Midimix to my MPC 1000. The Akai midimix only has a usb out so I'm thinking of buying a midihost to connect the midimix to the MPC 1000 over usb.

My question: How will I be able to set up the midimix to send the correct midi CC messages to the MPC 1000 in order to use the midimix as a mixer for live use?

Is that possible?

Thanks!

Cheers
By Soothsayer Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:03 pm
Lampdog wrote:Image

All due respect, this is both incomplete and also liable to be confusing to someone asking a setup question like what the OP's asking.

The Akai Midimix has a USB-A output. The setup you're posting pics for is all USB-B. For that setup to work for an Akai Midimix, the OP will also need a USB-B female to USB-B female adapter.

1. Standard USB 2.0 cable (which has USB-A on one end, USB-B on the other), running from the Midimix to a USB hub. You could probably find a cheaper hub than the one pictured, btw.

2. USB Hub's output cable running to a USB-B female to USB-B female adapter.

3. USB end of USB-to-MIDI interface running to other end of USB-B female to USB-B female adapter.

4. MIDI plugs on the USB-to-MIDI interface go to MPC. In this use case, you only need the MIDI out plug from the USB-to-MIDI interface going into one of the MIDI in ports on the MPC for this to work.
By Emilie Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:36 pm
I use a Kenton MIDI USB Host mkII with a Novation launch control on my MPC2500 and it works flawlesly. I don't know how to setup your mixer but it should be possible with the Kenton MIDI USB Host mkII