Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By ConanB Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:48 pm
Hey, so i'm on the MPC 2500 running JJOS 3 and I'm loving everything. I'm just exploring around a little and checking stuff in the manual but there's a function in the mixer section that I don't get and I can't find it explained in the manual.
When you go to the track mixer page and just above the pan knob on screen there is the letters ST. I understand changing them to FX1 and FX2 but after FX2 there's a series of numbers that don't make any sense to me. It goes 12 then 34 then 56 and then 78???
After that it goes 1-8, which I assume is assigning tracks to individual outputs on the back of the unit. That's fine. But what the hell is that series of numbers from 12-78 about?
Sorry if it's something obvious but I can't figure it out and it's not mentioned in the mixer section of the manual.
Thanks for the help.
JJ is/are a genius/genius's :)
By HanHuman Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:54 pm
1-2 is a stereo channel (1 as left, 2 as right), 3-4 is 3L+4R and so on. On the 2500 you have 8 mono or 4 assignable stereo outputs (+ the main stereo). ST is the main stereo output.
By Lampdog Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:36 pm

LIST A
Channel 1 = mono
Channel 2 = mono
Channel 3 = mono
Channel 4 = mono
Channel 5 = mono
Channel 6 = mono
Channel 7 = mono
Channel 8 = mono

LIST B
Channels 1+2 = Stereo
Channels 3+4 = Stereo
Channels 5+6 = Stereo
Channels 7+8 = Stereo

If your sample is MONO then you will only get the option of LIST A.
If you sample is STEREO then you'll only get the option of LIST B.

This is how the mixer in my 2kxl and 4k works. Maybe the same for your legacy mpc.
It doesn't say LIST, I just use that word as a reference here.
By HanHuman Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:33 am
That's a much cleaner way to say it. :lol:

I remember there was a weird bug, or maybe it's just how the circuit is made, but when you send a stereo sample to a mono output (say channel 3) it will bleed out into the next output (channel 4 in that example). I remember tracking out stuff and noticing that. Can't remember if it was OSXL or OS3 though, probably OSXL but it is most likely behaving the same on both.