Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By JRex Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:11 pm
Hello

I was attempting to give my dad’s MPC an overhaul, updating the internal memory and changing the pads. Unfortunately now when I turn the machine on it attempts to boot in SODIMM memory check mode and fails to load.

It gives the following error message- “The problem was found in the memory. Please check the memory. System halt…..”

Has anyone else encountered a problem like this before or is there another forum that has trouble shot this issue? :hmmm:

I’m wondering if the memory hardware i installed was faulty or otherwise incompatible.

Please help me fix the ghost in the machine!! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:
By Leo T Towarischtsch Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:53 pm
Hey JRex,

I've experienced the same. You should check the RAM. Maybe it's loose.
Open the lid o the back and gently pull the ram-extension out, then softly squeeze it back in. After that try to start up again.

I hope this helps.
cheers
Chris
By jazzroom Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:05 pm
Hi, have you managed to resolve the memory error problem?
I m having same problem with my MPC since couple of years ..without doing anything to it... no repairs no mods . Nothing . it's just stopped accepting ANY memory modules including the official Akai onces..I've tried 5 of them.. nobody seems to know the reason.
:|
By Sense-A Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:12 am
You eliminated the memory from being the culprit.

So I'd carefully disassemble MPC 1000 to get access from the bottom. Look at the circuit board where memory plugs into. Look for damaged traces, cracked pcb board, or bad or loose ribbon cable connections.

Review repair manual.

See if MPC will run without expansion memory.

There's resident SDRAM memory as well as expansion. It could be that the embedded residential default memory went bad and it's not actually the expansion module causing the problem.