Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By 48RAX093 Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:44 am
Hey, I have a query, I will attempt to explain.
I am a drummer/multi instrumentalist... The problem I have with the mpc is that I can play live finger drum patterns without a metronome to varying degrees of complication fairly easily... However the problem is... When trying to make genres such as but not limited to jungle or fast tekno styles I get totally put off by having to use a metronome to create a loop, it just kills my creativity... It's hard to explain but I'm looking for some kind of workaround to make it so that I can just busy out a break at whatever tempo I'm feeling at the time and then use that to set the tempo... If you see what I mean? I know I could record it and make an audio clip and then trigger that but what about subtle differences in looping multiples tracks together... Does anybody have any tips... Can we have a conversation about this.... To me just simply programming drums in multiple layers into a sequencer can be quite boring... I have been playing around for years on and off now and I would like to see what other people have come up with with regards to this... Is there some way of correcting notes with midi afterwards or something.... :hmmm: Thanks
By Visconte Cobram Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:57 pm
sorry I don;t have an answer but I feel you.. even if I'm not good with fingerdrumming I'd love if it was possible to set an arbitrary sequence length that is not limited to mutiples of bars.. So that we can play something with no metronome and then adjust the sequence length to taste so that it fits what we played.
By 6/8 Stanley Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:19 am
I haven't noticed a problem with looping but metronomes definitely bug me. Except my old wind-up one with the wood case. Fortunately MPC lets you use a sample for the click. It's less irritating if it's a tom or tambourine for example. If making a beat with a metronome but no time correction like I was today with the bongos on the H6 I got slightly off the click and had to play catch-up. When I turned off the metronome and laid some more percussion over the bongos it got messed up. F the metronome. I think I can keep the beat better without it. I guess the pros would say I just need to practice more.