Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By richie Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:50 am
What exactly was the point of your post?
By Lampdog Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:38 pm
I feel like this was a reply but instead new topic was clicked on??
By Sense-A Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:46 pm
I think you mean the ring mod feat that is an after effect in Trim mode after you sample.

I talk about it here: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=198520&p=1826484&hilit=ring+mod#p1826484

The problem, as mentioned in that thread, is that you cannot audition what it sounds like until after you process the ring modulation. Therefore it is hit or miss and not very tweakable.

I suggest getting an external pedal effects board with modulation. https://reverb.com/c/effects-and-pedals/ring-modulators

If you are serious about using the mpc 1000, getting the jjos2xl is a no brainer. This isn't something to be cheap about. An mpc 1000 without jjos2xl and the pad upgrade is not competitive in sampler market with what is available. Every owner of MPC 1000 must also incur expense of pad upgrade and JJOS2xl.
By Masenkoooo Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:03 am
Sense-A wrote:I think you mean the ring mod feat that is an after effect in Trim mode after you sample.

I talk about it here: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=198520&p=1826484&hilit=ring+mod#p1826484

The problem, as mentioned in that thread, is that you cannot audition what it sounds like until after you process the ring modulation. Therefore it is hit or miss and not very tweakable.

I suggest getting an external pedal effects board with modulation. https://reverb.com/c/effects-and-pedals/ring-modulators

If you are serious about using the mpc 1000, getting the jjos2xl is a no brainer. This isn't something to be cheap about. An mpc 1000 without jjos2xl and the pad upgrade is not competitive in sampler market with what is available. Every owner of MPC 1000 must also incur expense of pad upgrade and JJOS2xl.

that pretty much answers my question, i didnt like jjos2xl over the free version, the upgrades really aren't for me - thinkin about getting a EHX Mainframe Pedal, right now im sampling stuff at 300% speed and slowing it down for that bitcrush effect but it'd be a lot easier with a pedal to just dial it in