Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By HanHuman Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:49 am
Wait, what? Not sure in what world the 500 kills anything. Might as well get some SP 303 or 404, at least it's fun to play with and it has effects. There's no proper MPC below the 1000, and JJOS is probably still the best OS of them all, even today.
By Emilie Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:14 pm
Technically it was, it's software is a complete rebuild with a new hardware arcitecture that JJ didn't help to develop, so he can't develop for the MPC-500. Well, he could decompile the ROM data but that would result in a messy obfuscated code that had to be decrypted and documented. Bonus info AKAI stole some of JJOS's code for the OS 2.0 that the dying MPC-5000 (MPC-3500) desperately needed to keep it afloat
By B-Wise Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:43 am
Emilie wrote:Technically it was, it's software is a complete rebuild with a new hardware arcitecture that JJ didn't help to develop, so he can't develop for the MPC-500. Well, he could decompile the ROM data but that would result in a messy obfuscated code that had to be decrypted and documented. Bonus info AKAI stole some of JJOS's code for the OS 2.0 that the dying MPC-5000 (MPC-3500) desperately needed to keep it afloat

Now you damn well know that when somebody says "this killed that other thing" that they mean that its better than the other thing & the MPC-500 was no JJOS killer!

Also even if JJ could make an OS for the MPC-500...why waste time on something with such a small screen & less pads that will make wish u at lease got a MPC1k?

Still if your gonna made a video dissing JJ at lease offer the features that JJ added to the MPC's.
By richie Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:27 pm
It's an absolutely retarded statement to make.

There is nowhere that a MPC-500 kills any MPC running the stock firmware or JJ OS.
By alexbuga Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:21 pm
Actually from what I understood, he was sarcastic.

What I understood was "Akai was afraid of JJOS... they wanted to kill JJOS and their answer was MPC500" as in ... "HAHA... suckers thought MPC500 would kill JJOS".

Let's be honest, I love my 500 too, but it doesn't kill anything... maybe just time when you chop :)