Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By pumpin_trax Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:46 pm
Recently bought a second hand MPC1000 (128MB installed) with JJ OS2XL v3.67 installed. Everything's fine until I start messing around with it for quite some time.

For instance, I have a project in which I load 5-6 drum sounds from an 8GB CF and afterwards record a bassline and a couple of chords from my audio interface. So far, so good. Still lots of free space left in RAM, everything sounds clean and crisp, I can arrange my samples into programs, tracks, etc. and playback my sequences without any problem at all. By some point, if I try to load/record even more sounds, the newly loaded/recorded sounds are gonna be noisy with huge amounts of pops and static. These clicking sounds seem to be merged with the samples as envelopes, filters and effects seem to be affecting them accordingly. If I playback the sounds from the [MODE]+PAD2 (LOAD) screen before loading them, I do not get any noise - the samples sound as they should. Only when I press [DO IT] and assign them into a pad (any pad) they get dirty. Previously loaded sounds do not get affected by this issue so I can save my project at that point where I can't load any more "clean" sounds, restart my MPC and then reload the project... guess what: I will still be facing the exact same issue.

Another example where this is also happening, is when I have a blank canvas project, record a 10 sec. sample that sounds normal/clean, chop it and finally the generated chopped samples will sound noisy af with enormous amounts of clicks and pops.

My MPC is plugged straight into a wall socket, resting on a desk - no other things hooked up on its ports. I tried removing the power cable, take the RAM out and place it back in after 5 minutes. The problem sadly still persists.

Any idea on what might be happening before I replace the RAM?
By Lampdog Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:13 pm
Before loading doesn’t involve ram. After loading it’s in ram and I’m thinking ram’s not seated correctly, not clean, going or already bad and needs to be replaced.