Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By JDSY Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:33 pm
so I am going to receive a black faceplate model MPC 1000 with JJOS installed.

They said it was in good/excellent condition and I got it for what I feel is a good price. shipped with tax for 530$

the reverb.com seller was a music-go-round store so that is reassuring.

I worry a little that there's gonna be bad buttons. I guess if I find anything wrong with it I can get a partial refund and then send it to MPC-Stuff for repairs.

I haven't made beats with MPC's for about 2 years. I did a lot of work with a Studio Black, and picked out 4 songs that were made similarly and around the same time. If you go to JDSY bandcamp look up 'Incoming/Outgoing'

I also have rebuilt my studio, so I have a Korg ESX1, a really nice yamaha mixer that can route audio to the ESX for FX and filters. it has long faders too.

I started sampling my tape collection and already have a really beautiful loop going on the ESX

With all that said, I'm excited to work with AKAI stuff again. Last thing I had was a S5000, it was kind of big and clunky.

My other studio gear is something that many producers would not consider because it's price and functionality

the Yamaha PSR SX900.

This keyboard is a lot of fun to play/practice playing on.

and you could sample it

so-

thanks for now I'll stop. Any comments or suggestions are all welcome!
By JDSY Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:37 pm
well it's a bit of a let down but the bottom row of pads on my new 1k are dead/unresponsive...

The data wheel seems to be buggy. I am going to try and have 'mpc-stuff' repair it and get a partial refund from reverb.com where I bought the device.
'
By JDSY Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:39 pm
also- just playing around on the MPC. I can load JJOS FREE or 3XL or something.... I actually liked the way the free one looked, as it was very close to the operation of my 2KXL... It seems like if I choose to load the free OS it remembers that and loads to it auto matically. is that right?
By EmJay_ Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:49 pm
I also use a 1k, ESX-1, and an old blue Yamaha mixer with effects!! It's a good setup.