Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Kudzoi Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:34 pm
What is a best way to resample on JJOS2XL (MPC 1000) If you wanna include effects...

I know that you can internally resample on RECORD and select MAIN OUT and RECORD.

But i wanna include Q-links selected effects. Is this possible and how?

Without external devices to be clear...
By Lampdog Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:45 pm
Kudzoi wrote:..I know that you can internally resample on RECORD and select MAIN OUT and RECORD.

Wouldn’t recording main out include q-link effects? Main out is everything you hear coming out of the main out. I don’t have a 1k, I’ve done this on 4k many times, everything main out is recorded.
By Kudzoi Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:31 pm
I have tried!

But when i go to RECORD MODE Q-link EFFECTS turn off automaticaly.

I wonder if its because i have a TRIAL VERSION of JJOS2XL.

Also EFFECTS are limited and you cant use FX on MIXER...
By Menco Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:27 pm
Record the Qlink events as automation into your sequencer first. Then try to resample. I don't know what you mean with not being able to use the FX on the mixer.
Not having a password to unlock the full version only disables the save function.
By Kudzoi Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:27 pm
If i try to record on SONG MODE Q-Link modifications go off. Also on regular RECORD from MAIN OUT they go off. I dont know If these problems have something to do with TRIAL MODE.

Also FX on MIXER is not working and it have only " --" on the spot where should be FX 1 or 2... So it seems there is also this limitation on program. :WTF:
By loose_t Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:12 pm
Kudzoi wrote:If i try to record on SONG MODE Q-Link modifications go off. Also on regular RECORD from MAIN OUT they go off. I dont know If these problems have something to do with TRIAL MODE.

Also FX on MIXER is not working and it have only " --" on the spot where should be FX 1 or 2... So it seems there is also this limitation on program. :WTF:

Convert your song to a sequence, then record q link.
On the mixer channel, move the curser to the position below "--". It probably says "Tr" or ST". Twirl the dial so it say "FX1" or "FX2".
The Akai manual and JJ manual might be worth a read.
By FAUCHEAUX Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:53 pm
If you want the real time performance effects embedded in a resample,
Get a M audio micro track it has many uses IE: CF card reader for computer/ portable recorder etc.
Use the SPDIF out from the MPC to the SPDIF in on the recorder,
Record the performance, take the CF card out of the MTR and put it in the MPC
load the file and trim it.
By hyena Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:46 pm
yah the looper is great for recording ideas! i love the fact that the loop length and the underlying sequence (you can switch it off or on) can be asyncrhonous, you can have for example a sequence of 16 bars running and only record a 4 bar loop , maybe with multiple overdubs etc... OR have a s hort drum sequence of 1 bar just as a smarter metronome, and record a 16 bar loop on top! very very useful for getting down ideas and sketches! then i usually put the recorded loops in a drum program for further manipulation, instead of using audio tracks.