Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By amedeocorona Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:04 pm
yo so i imagine other people have ran into this issue,

I'm using the filters in the program (hpf, lpf, etc) and when I record some real time events to the sequence like a lpf it turns my filters off. regardless if it was a lpf or whatever it was it gets turned off. So like if I have a EQL filter boosting the low end and I use a real time effect, my low end boost gets turned off. (definitely a problem if you're using the program filters for actual sound changes)

It even turns them off when I have Sequence 1 (with real time effects) playing, then going to Sequence 2 (no real time effects), it still keeps the filters off for sequence 2.

So here's my deal - I've got some significant sound changes in the programs, I have Sequence 1 with a low pass filter (not a problem if the sound changes are gone here), but Sequence 2 is the "chorus" where the sound changes gotta be there.

So is there any way to work around this or do I have to find some other methods

I am aware of other methods, I know what I could do instead but this would be the easiest, most practical way
By hyena Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:30 pm
it does that because basically program and real time filter are the same, so you cannot have a fixed program filter AND play with the real time one on top of it. i'd suggest you use separate outputs and a standalone external filter (an analog one will sound 1000 times better than the mpc filter). i used to run the mpc outs into the virus ti inputs to use filters and distortions on them (virus is digital, but the virtual analog emulation is great). something like a jomox t-resonator would be much much fun, they are cheap and you have dual analog filter, digital effects, lfo\envelope follower and a ton of routing options. only thing is you have to be careful, that thing can blow your speakers in a millisecond if you push it.
By Sense-A Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:26 pm
I've had similar problems when i try to assign TUNE to a track (via q-link) in sequence mode.

Sometimes when switching sequences or screens the tune gets out of wack while sequence is playing.

Even better than hyena's idea would be an external analog filter that was controllable via midi so that you could still have the motion sequencing of the filter stored in the mpc 1000 sequence file.
By hyena Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:12 pm
Sense-A wrote:
Even better than hyena's idea would be an external analog filter that was controllable via midi so that you could still have the motion sequencing of the filter stored in the mpc 1000 sequence file.

yah, the akai mfc was very cool and just thought for that, but they are bloody expensive now! the sherman filterbank also... behringer is coming out with a clone of a vintage desktop filter, perhaps it will have midi control!