Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By B-Wise Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:48 pm
Maybe this has been covered, just wanted give users a heads up that the 32 Non-Destructive Chops wont convert when you load the Drum-Programs into the the Force/MPC & will need to chopped again - how fun!
The good thing is lazy or Manual Chopping on the the new units is way easier & each sample can have up to 128 slices!

Also, the dual filters per pad on the 1k/2500 doesn't convert either since the the new units only have 1 filter per pad, but luckily since they have more filters to chose from, if your patient you can get close enough to matching the sound that the dual filter had on the sample.
By NearTao Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:30 pm
JJOS uses a non standard file format for the .pgm files in both the OS2 and OS3 releases, that Akai has no reason to support.

Definitely a good heads up, but it's less an Akai problem and more an implementation detail for using a non-Akai supported operating system on the 1k/2.5k.
By B-Wise Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:09 am
NearTao wrote:JJOS uses a non standard file format for the .pgm files in both the OS2 and OS3 releases, that Akai has no reason to support.

Definitely a good heads up, but it's less an Akai problem and more an implementation detail for using a non-Akai supported operating system on the 1k/2.5k.

I never said it was an Akai problem or even blamed them for it. It's JJOS issues that some users may not know about which is why I posted it in this thread & not the non-JJOS thread. Now if I did post there your last paragraph would've been valid. It's all good though.

This is just an FYI for anybody planning on upgrading to the newer units but maybe thinking let me chop up all these sample first. Also, to give users something to consider before they do upgrade to know what they're getting into.

I'm at the end of transferring about 60 SP-505 beat & 60 MPC2500 beats to the Force which seems like a simple thing, but it's not with all the Akai issues like the multi MIDI track bug & other setbacks that overcomplicated the process that would needs its own thread to explain it all. Still got 20 RS7000 beats. Then lots of therapy :lol:
By richie Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:02 pm
B-Wise wrote:I never said it was an Akai problem or even blamed them for it. It's JJOS issues that some users may not know about which is why I posted it in this thread & not the non-JJOS thread. Now if I did post there your last paragraph would've been valid. It's all good though.

Get off your high horse ass-wipe.
By B-Wise Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:30 pm
richie wrote:
B-Wise wrote:I never said it was an Akai problem or even blamed them for it. It's JJOS issues that some users may not know about which is why I posted it in this thread & not the non-JJOS thread. Now if I did post there your last paragraph would've been valid. It's all good though.

Get off your high horse ass-wipe.

:smh: