Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By amedeocorona Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:16 am
Yo so my 1000 with os128sp just started cutting out on samples when I start layering them, like I got some drums on a track and then I throw a sample on a dif track and the sample cuts out or the drums cut out.

Like some shit that happens on a PO133 when you try to play too many samples at once.

So I did some research and it seems like a RAM issue, but the weird thing is I go to all my other tracks that are mad complicated (like 10 layers of sounds) and none of those samples cut out, there's no issue with the sequencer playing them all at once. But any new projects I create it starts doing that with just 2 layers of samples
By NearTao Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:02 pm
The MPC 1k has 32 notes of polyphony. If your samples are stereo, then each one would take up two notes of polyphony. You could try converting samples to mono to see if that helps, or trim samples down so that they don't play as long.
By NearTao Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:34 pm
Have you loaded both the drum and other sample into the same program, and the program is set to mono instead of poly? It might be called something else... it's been years since I've had my 1k now.
By amedeocorona Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:14 pm
No they're different programs on different tracks, I definitely know it's something strange, as I'm very familiar with the machine, it shouldn't be doing this but it is for some reason. That's why I'm guessing it's the ram
By richie Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:36 am
amedeocorona wrote:No they're different programs on different tracks, I definitely know it's something strange, as I'm very familiar with the machine, it shouldn't be doing this but it is for some reason. That's why I'm guessing it's the ram

Does the same behavior happen with old beats you made on the 1000?
By amedeocorona Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:38 am
richie wrote:
amedeocorona wrote:No they're different programs on different tracks, I definitely know it's something strange, as I'm very familiar with the machine, it shouldn't be doing this but it is for some reason. That's why I'm guessing it's the ram

Does the same behavior happen with old beats you made on the 1000?

No that's the weird thing, my old beats have no problems whatsoever