Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By nsolarz Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:11 pm
Hey there, I just picked up an mpc1000 running the latest jjos 2xl (3.83 iirc), and was wondering what size cf cards I can use and which models/brands. The seller included a 4gb sandisk ultra which works great. I had tried to install a 32gb sandisk extreme, but that seemed to cause it to crash/fail to boot. I know it originally only supported up to 2gb cards, but it seems like others have gotten larger cards to work. Thanks in advance
By richie Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:58 am
I've heard rumors from people high up in the Illuminati that this question has been answered many times over.

I will tell you that it would be better if you get a SDHC to CF card adapter, and then just use a SD card instead. I've managed to format 64 and 128 SD memory cards using that adapter.

Just type SD to CF adapter on google.

I've blessed this post and absolved you of all sins.
By Jamie Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:24 am
nsolarz wrote:Hey there, I just picked up an mpc1000 running the latest jjos 2xl (3.83 iirc), and was wondering what size cf cards I can use and which models/brands. The seller included a 4gb sandisk ultra which works great. I had tried to install a 32gb sandisk extreme, but that seemed to cause it to crash/fail to boot. I know it originally only supported up to 2gb cards, but it seems like others have gotten larger cards to work. Thanks in advance

I've been using this SD > CF adapter with a Sandisk Ultra 32GB with OS2XL for a while now, no probs so far. https://www.iflash.xyz/store/sdcf-adapter/

Don't bother with the cheapo Extreme adapters, they don't work very well.
By hyena Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:02 am
i have the red extreme sdxc type 1 udma cf adapter with a 128 gb microsdcard with its own microsd\regualr sd adapter, it works flawlessly and its pretty fast loading and saving. coupled with the ssd inside i now have a stunning total of 256 gb on an mpc 1000 , working perfectly with fast load\save times and i dont have to use the shitty usb 1.0 port in the back to swap samples to \ from the computer.
By Jamie Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:42 am
Jamie wrote:I've been using this SD > CF adapter with a Sandisk Ultra 32GB with OS2XL for a while now, no probs so far. https://www.iflash.xyz/store/sdcf-adapter/

Don't bother with the cheapo Extreme adapters, they don't work very well.

Spoke too soon! I’ve started having probs with this adapter intermittently not showing up. Given it’s worked flawlessly for a couple of years, I suspect this is down to me damaging it swapping out the cards rather than a compatibility issue.

Time to give the Extreme one a second chance, eh! :)