Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By bigman Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:29 pm
I didn't want to put this in a continued beta 16 thread, since some of those bugs might be fixed or changed. Here is what i've got so far.

1. Machine now crashes when naming a new folder in save mode.

2. When initiating recording in direct record mode, tracks 1-60 are played out of time with metronome for the first bar.

3. When initiating recording in direct record mode (using analog or digital inputs), tracks 61-64 are played out of sequence with the metronome and tracks 1-60.

4. The extra silence at the beginning of direct record tracks (using analog or digital inputs) is shorter, but still there.

5. Direct record tracks do not play in song mode

6. When recording a new track, the default name is now blank instead of "Track 1, Track 2, etc.." (This also cannot be set in Sequence+window+F3)

7. When recording direct record tracks (61-64) the new take's do not get saved some of the time and a "?Takexx" is shown in the Tr: field in their place. The takes also do not show up in the sample list.

8. Direct record tracks (either recorded or samples placed in it) ignore pitch settings in trim mode.

9. Mode+Pad11, user cannot select outputs 1,2,3,4 using Whole button still remains.

10. Data wheel changes sequence immediately, but resets sequence time to 001.01.00 every time it is moved. There is no way to turn this off or change the data wheel's behavior in the main screen. Selecting sequences to fully play one after another can now only be done in the Track Mute screen. Song mode does not play back direct record tracks, so that is not a great option to work around this.

*about number 10, it would be nice if jj could add a window so the data wheel can behave these ways in the main screen:

A. Data wheel selects new sequence while current one plays to loop end. (old way)

B. Data wheel immediately selects and starts new sequence, restarting at 001.01.00 (beta17 way)

C. Data wheel immediately selects and starts new sequence, leaving loop time current. (this would have to temporarily override individual sequence tempos, so the current tempo will be used for all sequences while play is engaged.)

**Also the bug "scrolling through the trim screen causes mpc to dump/crash when the sample list is empty" seems to be fixed in this build.

Before I write any of these new ones up as bug reports, let me know what y'all think and if you can confirm, deny, or alter any of these.

By cowbell Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:55 pm
Good work, haven't had time to test 17 myself.
About 8: i'm not sure if that's a real bug or that JJ just hasn't implemented that feature (yet).
I see the Direct Record tracks separate from normal sample triggering. I guess other TRIM adjustments might also be ignored by Direct Record tracks. For instance: have you tried selecting a looped sample for Direct Record, does it loop?
But i do agree that having the ability to change the pitch of Direct Record tracks would be good.

By cl516 Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:11 pm
Is there any sort of WHOLE button within STEP EDIT?
I could really use that.

By tank Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:22 pm
bump this!

By mart1 Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:18 am
holy craap that's a lot of bugs!

By CommanderRobot Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:22 am
mart1 wrote:holy craap that's a lot of bugs!

yeah, but most of them in direct-record. i don't mess around with direct record as i don't need it badly until it's bug-free. so if you don't plan on using it either there are only minor bugs left.
i use os v3 since beta 16 and my machine never crashed. and i work with it 10 hours a day.

By frspp Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:45 pm
11. Usb connection made --> no sound.

Plug usb into your computer and mpc. Go to MODE + PAD3 (SAVE) --> F4 (USB). Press F6 (MOUNT). Unmount/stop usb-drive from computer before leave usb-page. Press MAIN. BUG: No sound. Samples, programs and everything is there, but it doesn't output anything.
I did plug mpc to computer, didn't transfer anything, unmounted mpc and i went to main. It was normal, no problem with sounds or anything. Then i did it again and it happened. Power off/on and machine works until you do it again.

There is something bugging with the stereo/mono-convert feature, i did record sample in stereo, went to trim, press edit, choose STEREO L + R => MONO, Do it, then scrolled through samples and screen were screwed (just some dots, no readable text) when displaying one sample. Then i scrolled again through samples, and it was normal. Later same bug show'd up with another sample, just with random sample.

"9. Mode+Pad11, user cannot select outputs 1,2,3,4 using Whole button still remains." True. Pressed Whole for first time and mpc freezed. Dunno.

"1. Machine now crashes when naming a new folder in save mode. " Works normally on mine.

By naVi Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:03 pm
damn yall...perfection is a ****