Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).

By truvc Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:01 pm
Version 3.05
Bug fixes:
-------------------------------------------------
[SAVE]
ENTIRE MEMORY & ALL PROGRAMS WITH SAMPLES
Saving to slowly than Ver2.1.

which is good.
but if resaving over the same folder, the delete part is still very slow.

By arondbeats Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:57 pm
i dont know if this has already been reported. i just installed the 3.05 and every time so far i use direct record a small sound just keeps repeating over and over. i seen this in a video too.

By defect Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:44 am
arondbeats wrote:i dont know if this has already been reported. i just installed the 3.05 and every time so far i use direct record a small sound just keeps repeating over and over. i seen this in a video too.

your metronome? deactivate while recording....

By truvc Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:52 pm
_ press main
_ press [play/start] -> mpc starts.
_ press [overdub] + [start] -> recording starts
_ press [overdub] -> recording stops
_ press [next seq]
error: mpc does not go to [next seq] screen

replacing all samples in a folder: "delete samples" is very slow.
_ go to save screen
_ save entire memory to a folder. -> mpc saves the entire memory to the folder
_ save entire memory again to the same folder ("replace same file" = ON)
error: mpc deletes all the samples very slowly.

By SonicLabsAudio Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:18 pm
defect wrote:
arondbeats wrote:i dont know if this has already been reported. i just installed the 3.05 and every time so far i use direct record a small sound just keeps repeating over and over. i seen this in a video too.

your metronome? deactivate while recording....

AHHHHHHHH holy shit ........ someone should warn people about that metronome. all i got to say is WOW :shock:

By arondbeats Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:38 pm
its not the metronome :!: if i recorded a piano it makes the sound of a piano. even when nothing is playing. if changed sequences it keeps playing over and over. here this is what it is like. what would this have to do with the metronome? its around 2:30 and instead of a hi hat its happening with strings.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJEBFxueoPM
By thynctank Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:51 pm
Dannymon wrote:Well, I also have a KARMA and the MPC and I've had this problem [random program changes] ever since I first got my MPC when it came out thousands of years ago, which leads me to believe is not a bug within 2.0 because I've this problem ever since I had OS 1.X installed on my MPC.

Maybe it is a bug on the KARMA??

I don't think so. I haven't used the Program select feature from the 1k that extensively (my Karma was propping up my closet door more than it was being used for a while) but with my old 2k I never had this problem. I used the Karma extensively with the 2k, and also standalone. (though never sequencing it from Cubase as of yet)

Also, other people have noted Program change to Program 1 (same results as my issue) when you triple press Stop, so I'm sure it's not just Karma-related.

Thanks for the commentary, Danny. I was out of town for a week and wanted to see if anyone else had suffered this...

-tank.
By wavemartian Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:18 am
Getting random pads being triggered by note repeat, w/o pressing the pads. The notes are not present in grid edit or step edit. I noticed this in my drum track when a series of 1/16th note toms were triggered. I suspect this is somehow related to using the grid edit and doing lots of editing, but can't quite pinpoint the bug. I saved the entire memory as always, turned MPC off, then did the reset with erase button, then loaded my project and no random triggering.

Anyone else experienced this problem?

By le rat Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:47 pm
tried to save entire memory and got "system error" and "directory error" randomly. besides, although it is supposed to be faster, it is really slower than 2.10 or 3.03

By truvc Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:39 pm
le rat wrote:tried to save entire memory and got "system error" and "directory error" randomly. besides, although it is supposed to be faster, it is really slower than 2.10 or 3.03

that's strange, i am sure that the way i save entire memory to the smartmedia it is much faster in 3.05 than 3.03.

how often does the "directory error" comes up ? (I never had it ever)

did you test both smartmedia and the hard disk ?

could you be more specific on how you save and i'll try it.

By le rat Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:13 pm
hi truvc !
to be precise, i was trying to save entire memory on the autoload replacing the same file. it seems that process of replacing make it slower.
concerning the directory error and the system error, the later creates an autoload folder in the autoload itself (just like the bug in the 2500 coz i'm doing beats with a friend who owns a 2500 . Insofar as we get new functions from the 2500 we also get its bugs, that's just what i think.)
By TBonus76 Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:04 am
I'm using 3.05, can anyone confirm this? It freezes my machine every time.

1. With any program loaded, go to [MODE] + PAD 11
2. Press F6 for WHOLE mode.
3. Press and hold F4 or F5 to adjust the start or endpoint of the selected pads.
4. Instead of using the jog wheel to adjust it, hit a pad
5. You're fvcked. Total lock.

Not a super big deal since you don't NEED to hit a pad in that situation, but nonetheless, it freezes up the MPC.

By truvc Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:09 am
le rat wrote:to be precise, i was trying to save entire memory on the autoload replacing the same file. it seems that process of replacing make it slower.

ah yes. i noticed the "delete samples" part is very slow. i'll report it as soon as they reopen the bug report.

By elektrik_muz Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:02 pm
Ok I've loaded up 3.05 and re-initialized everything. Still getting these two midi bugs:

-Triple pressing STOP produces a "phantom" PROGRAM CHANGE that causes all synths to reset to program 1 but is not viewable on my midi monitor.

and

-The BANK SELECT MSB and LSB controller send options from the "Pgm: No.(x)" popup window still do not send any BANK SELECT messages and instead seem to only send the last PROGRAM CHANGE message selected from the "Pgm: No.(x) field (or PROGRAM CHANGE 1 if none have been selected)

Anybody else?
By wavemartian Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:41 am
howdy,
Noticed last night, that after doing a bit of editing in grid edit, the mpc was pausing bewteen bars say for a 1/16th note timing. In the grid edit I noticed that the cursor bar stopped just before the next bar for this time. I tend to work in one or two long sequences, this occurred between bar 110 to 111. Also the cursor in the grid edit does not align properly with the beginning of the bar, especially when you are overdubbing

Anyone else had these pausing moments?