Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By frspp Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:10 am
From beta 17 bugs-topic:

"4. The extra silence at the beginning of direct record tracks (using analog or digital inputs) is shorter, but still there. " Still there.

"5. Direct record tracks do not play in song mode " Yep.

Otherwise direct record tracks seems to be fine, i made a quick sync test with metronome and worked for me.

FIXED on 3.00:
1. Machine now crashes when naming a new folder in save mode.

2. When initiating recording in direct record mode, tracks 1-60 are played out of time with metronome for the first bar.

8. Direct record tracks (either recorded or samples placed in it) ignore pitch settings in trim mode.

9. Mode+Pad11, user cannot select outputs 1,2,3,4 using Whole button still remains.

CHANGED on 3.00:
1. [STOP] + DATA WHEEL ==> LCD contrast
2.Turn DATA WHEEL with [SHIFT] or [TAP TEMPO]. The amount of change increases 10 times.

"10. Data wheel changes sequence immediately, but resets sequence time to 001.01.00 every time it is moved. There is no way to turn this off or change the data wheel's behavior in the main screen. Selecting sequences to fully play one after another can now only be done in the Track Mute screen. Song mode does not play back direct record tracks, so that is not a great option to work around this." Check message below this.
Last edited by frspp on Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
By CommanderRobot Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:53 am
frspp wrote:10. Data wheel changes sequence immediately, but resets sequence time to 001.01.00 every time it is moved. There is no way to turn this off or change the data wheel's behavior in the main screen. Selecting sequences to fully play one after another can now only be done in the Track Mute screen. Song mode does not play back direct record tracks, so that is not a great option to work around this." This exist still.

jj changed it.
push window button on seq:xxxxx: you can now switch direct change on/off. and if you use the 'next seq' tool, it changes at the end of a seqence.

i think that's pretty cool. so i can direct change my seq with the wheel and play one after another with the 'next seq' mode.

By bigman Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:34 pm
I wonder what happened to the numbered beta releases?

Anyway, I went through this post and the old beta17 bug post too to see what had changed.

1. Machine now crashes when naming a new folder in save mode.

- I think that this is a problem with my hard drive, since making a new folder on the memory card is okay.

2. & 3. When initiating recording in direct record mode, tracks 1-60 are played out of time with metronome for the first bar.

After more testing (on new 3.0 release) i've found that this exists only when the Digital input is selected in the direct record track setup window (in 61-64 go to tr:+window)

(Frspp, try this with the digital input and post the results. Sometimes these bugs are different from machine to machine)

4. The extra silence at the beginning of direct record tracks (using analog or digital inputs) is shorter, but still there.

- This still exists using Analog and Digital inputs, but the gap for the Analog input is much longer.

5. Direct record tracks do not play in song mode

- They still don't

6. When recording a new track, the default name is now blank instead of "Track 1, Track 2, etc.." (This also cannot be set in Sequence+window+F3)

-Fixed in ver 3.0

7. When recording direct record tracks (61-64) the new take's do not get saved some of the time and a "?Takexx" is shown in the Tr: field in their place. The takes also do not show up in the sample list.

-This still happens randomly when I record a take, then delete it if I do not like it. When I record another take, then this bug occurs some of the time.

8. Direct record tracks (either recorded or samples placed in it) ignore pitch settings set in trim mode. *(not using edit+pitchshift, but selecting the sample and pressing Window, then setting the pitch)

- This still doesn't work for me, I loaded a long bass sample and increased the pitch by +05.00 in trim+window. Then set the sample to play on track 61 and it played back at the original pitch. I also recorded a take to the Direct record tracks and same result

9. Mode+Pad11, user cannot select outputs 1,2,3,4 using Whole button still remains.

- This is finally fixed in 3.00

10. Data wheel changes sequence immediately, but resets sequence time to 001.01.00 every time it is moved. There is no way to turn this off or change the data wheel's behavior in the main screen. Selecting sequences to fully play one after another can now only be done in the Track Mute screen. Song mode does not play back direct record tracks, so that is not a great option to work around this."

-Thanks to jj for fixing this, but I still would love to have the option to change sequences while the counter remains.

I really like that in 3.00 the Tap Tempo+Jog Wheel rapidly increasing scrolling has now been made universal instead of just for the trim screen. Anything that that speeds up useability is greatly appreciated.

*frspp, the direct record tracks do not use programs, they just act as a straight through (or looping) player for single samples. You can assign a take or sample to as many programs/pads as you like, but any settings on this will not effect the direct record tracks, since these tracks cannot select programs.

A good workaround for this is by de-selecting the take from the direct record track and assigning it to a program/pad. Then go to a new track 1-60 and enter step edit. In step edit you can sequence this pad to start at 1.00.000 and make the duration increase to the end or wherever you like. Now all of the paramaters such as pan,level,filters,lfo, etc. can be used for the take. Also, you don't have to make new programs for each take that you want to do this to, just assign them to different pads in the same program and repeat the process above. you can use a new track (1-60) for each pad if you want to mute these takes independently as tracks.

To all of you on the forum and JJ (if he's listening), keep up the great work. It really is making this os get better and better.

By frspp Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:42 am
bigman wrote:(Frspp, try this with the digital input and post the results. Sometimes these bugs are different from machine to machine)

I don't have any machine besides mpc with digital out, sorry.

bigman wrote:8. Direct record tracks (either recorded or samples placed in it) ignore pitch settings set in trim mode. *(not using edit+pitchshift, but selecting the sample and pressing Window, then setting the pitch)

- This still doesn't work for me, I loaded a long bass sample and increased the pitch by +05.00 in trim+window. Then set the sample to play on track 61 and it played back at the original pitch. I also recorded a take to the Direct record tracks and same result

Well I did pitchshift earlier. Now tried as you said, doesn't work.

bigman wrote:-Thanks to jj for fixing this, but I still would love to have the option to change sequences while the counter remains.

If I did understand correctly, select sq-field, press window and change next sequence to on?

bigman wrote:*frspp, the direct record tracks do not use programs, they just act as a straight through (or looping) player for single samples. You can assign a take or sample to as many programs/pads as you like, but any settings on this will not effect the direct record tracks, since these tracks cannot select programs.

Thanks for feedback, I thought parameters of program would affect to dr-samples also...

By CommanderRobot Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:37 am
anyone else experiencing random clicks during playback. one in a minute or so? never noticed this in any other beta before...

By chilom Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:40 am
CommanderRobot wrote:anyone else experiencing random clicks during playback. one in a minute or so? never noticed this in any other beta before...

no, i tried the os 3 yesterday, made a beat with, no clicks at all.

By cowbell Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:13 am
CommanderRobot wrote:anyone else experiencing random clicks during playback. one in a minute or so? never noticed this in any other beta before...

You got your USB connected to your computer?
Some 2500 users experienced random clicks/pops when connected to a computer in a previous OS.
Do a search on "Pops" in the 2500 forum.

By CommanderRobot Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:49 am
cowbell wrote:You got your USB connected to your computer?
Some 2500 users experienced random clicks/pops when connected to a computer in a previous OS.
Do a search on "Pops" in the 2500 forum.

yeah, i unplugged it. hand no clicks untill now. nice, thank you!

i think i discovered some strange stuff:
i always had problems with notes not recording at the place i played them. ie some notes are ok (at the place they should be) but the rest was randomly at the beginning of one different bar.

now i found out that these notes record at the beginning of the loop-start bar, even if loop is off. this only works if the stuff i record is before the start-loop bar. if the start-loop is before the region i want to record, everything works as it should.

sorry, this is hard for me to discribe. i give two examples.

1. example:
loop: 30 - end (but it's switched off!)
i try to record: bar 5 - 7
some notes i play go to 030.01.00

2. example:
i try to record: bar 35 - 37
all notes record as i played them

By littlerob Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:58 am
does direct recording still hav a silence bug at the beginning of each recording? or has this been fixed....i cant tell....

By CommanderRobot Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:20 pm
next bug:

in 'track mute', ALL on / ALLoff are mixed up.
'ALL on' mutes all tracks, 'ALLoff' switches all track on.

By Menthal Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:28 pm
the L+R Stereo=Mono Bug is still there....

By rinseout Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:40 pm
CommanderRobot wrote:next bug:

in 'track mute', ALL on / ALLoff are mixed up.
'ALL on' mutes all tracks, 'ALLoff' switches all track on.

I thought this is a bug, too, but u can see it the other way round, mute is on or off...

What bothers me is that sometimes the track mute doesnt work, i hit the pads and the tracks remain muted /unmuted, anyone else? Still have to figure out when that happens.

By CommanderRobot Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:50 pm
rinseout wrote:I thought this is a bug, too, but u can see it the other way round, mute is on or off...

you're right... it's just the point of view..
rinseout wrote:What bothers me is that sometimes the track mute doesnt work, i hit the pads and the tracks remain muted /unmuted, anyone else? Still have to figure out when that happens.

jep, i have that too. but not often.

By truvc Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:09 pm
CommanderRobot wrote:now i found out that these notes record at the beginning of the loop-start bar, even if loop is off. this only works if the stuff i record is before the start-loop bar. if the start-loop is before the region i want to record, everything works as it should.

sorry, this is hard for me to discribe. i give two examples.

1. example:
i try to record: bar 5 - 7
some notes i play go to 030.01.00

2. example:
i try to record: bar 35 - 37
all notes record as i played them

what is start-loop ? is it in song mode ?

By CommanderRobot Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:25 pm
truvc wrote:what is start-loop ? is it in song mode ?

no, sorry, it's on mainscreen > loop on/off > window > first bar (of the loop)