Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).

By truvc Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:56 am
elektrik_muz wrote:Ok I've loaded up 3.05 and re-initialized everything. Still getting these two midi bugs:

-Triple pressing STOP produces a "phantom" PROGRAM CHANGE that causes all synths to reset to program 1 but is not viewable on my midi monitor.

i got that one also.

elektrik_muz wrote:-The BANK SELECT MSB and LSB controller send options from the "Pgm: No.(x)" popup window still do not send any BANK SELECT messages and instead seem to only send the last PROGRAM CHANGE message selected from the "Pgm: No.(x) field (or PROGRAM CHANGE 1 if none have been selected)

bank change works fine with my evolver. and it is normal that the program change selected is also being sent (as well as the bank change).
what are you trying to change bank off ?

and btw, i was wondering if anybody tried to record and send sysex with os3 ?

By elektrik_muz Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:12 am
bank change works fine with my evolver. and it is normal that the program change selected is also being sent (as well as the bank change).
what are you trying to change bank off ?

and btw, i was wondering if anybody tried to record and send sysex with os3 ?[/quote]

OK, I fixed it. User error, BANK SELECT works fine now. Thanks for making me take a second look.

So that leaves us with:

-switch on MPC
-load programs/sequences, assign midi, or don't and leave blank
-press STOP 3 times
-Bug: MPC sends "phantom" program change 1 command on all midi channels which cannot be viewed on a midi monitor (at least, not the one I've got at the moment)

Regarding Sysex: I haven't had the chance to test this just yet with 3.05 but previous versions didn't seem to have much trouble recording and playing back realtime Evolver sysex. Sysex can be weird thou especially when you put it into a database-type recorder like the MPC series. Evolver and the MPC seem to be pretty well "matched up"in this case but other manufacturers products don't fair so well. Attempts to load or record and playback sysex backup data from some assorted mid-nineties era products has resulted in complete record faliure (as if it can't even see it at the input) or some rather bizzare sequence playback corruption with weird info spitting out of random unrecorded tracks etc.. (tho in the last case I was still using the Akai OS). My (horrible, horrible) computer interface has (sort of) the reverse problem a non-sequencer midi filer program works fine transmiting and recieving the old stuff, but when I tried to update the evolver OS it truncated the sysex and killed the update just before it started. I had to load the whole update onto the MPC and play it back in a sequence to get it to work...

Anyway I'll try it some more....

By truvc Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:07 pm
elektrik_muz wrote:Regarding Sysex: I haven't had the chance to test this just yet with 3.05 but previous versions didn't seem to have much trouble recording and playing back realtime Evolver sysex.

nice one, thx :)
(btw, to update your synth, i would definetely NOT recommend the mpc. get "Bome sendsx" for pc. dead easy to use)

By distortedtekno Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:19 am
truvc wrote:
elektrik_muz wrote:Regarding Sysex: I haven't had the chance to test this just yet with 3.05 but previous versions didn't seem to have much trouble recording and playing back realtime Evolver sysex.

(btw, to update your synth, i would definetely NOT recommend the mpc. get "Bome sendsx" for pc. dead easy to use)

co-sign :!: 8)
By K-bot Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:14 am
Hey all, sorry if this has been posted, I did a bit of reading and searching, but I am pretty tired and may have missed it...

I just put 3.05 in my 1K today, and just started making a beat. I recorded some hats on track one like normal, then when I went to track 2 to lay down some drums, the hats stoped playing?

Basically no matter waht I do, including rebooting, I can only hear the selected track, like it's being soloed? This is to simple to be a bug I think, is there some kind of mute funtion I don't know about that is new?

I poped 2.10 back on so I could get some ish done today, but I am defineately like 3.05 if I can figure this out...

By TBonus76 Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:38 am
Yo man, that's a weird one. I haven't seen anyone else with that one. Maybe try the factory reset (Power on while holding the ERASE key, I think.) then re-install the new OS. That helped some people's random problems.

Has anyone tried to replicate this one I posted a while back? Not sure if it's my machine or the OS...

tbonus wrote:I'm using 3.05, can anyone confirm this? It freezes my machine every time.

1. With any program loaded, go to [MODE] + PAD 11
2. Press F6 for WHOLE mode.
3. Press and hold F4 or F5 to adjust the start or endpoint of the selected pads.
4. Instead of using the jog wheel to adjust it, hit a pad
5. You're fvcked. Total lock.

Not a super big deal since you don't NEED to hit a pad in that situation, but nonetheless, it freezes up the MPC.

By cl516 Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:25 am
In 3.05, has anyone encountered:

- while layering on same pad, 4th layer is tuned to -12
even though it says tune 0.0? In other words, i have to
press +12 just to hear sample at original 0 tuning.

anyone?
By truvc Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:50 pm
K-bot wrote:Basically no matter waht I do, including rebooting, I can only hear the selected track, like it's being soloed?

does it also happen when you load a sequence with the tracks already recorded ?

By elektrik_muz Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:28 pm
truvc wrote:

Yes I've got that as well as SendSyx Midi Ox and all the others. They won't do any good if the comp to midi interface is chopping off part of the sysex data on the way out, which is why I had to use the MPC to begin with (my peavey midi streamer doesn't quite have enough memory). But like I said, the MPC and Evolver like each other sysex-wise -- the update worked perfectly.

By le rat Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:25 pm
hi guys ! just tried today direct recording with my bro who plays the guitar.
it was a weird experience lol ! as he wanted the sound to be monitored even in the main, i activated the input thru. then came the matter, when pressing overdub with the metronome playing, if he played the guitar there was a looping-strange-sound-bug which could only be desactived by pressing mode+record. i think it's because the monitoring starts to work too when overdubing. moreover, it's not very helpful when you have to go back and forward from tr1 to tr61. We also experienced the extra-silent bug.
peace
By grinchmob Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:59 am
Does editing with the q-slider still work? I tried it , but nothing happened.

By grinchmob Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:45 am
Now it wants to work.....FLUCK!!!!! :twisted:

By distortedtekno Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:18 am
yeah, its all a matter of being in the correct field. you'll get used to all this as you experiment with it. 8)

By grinchmob Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:56 am
why doesn't the shift and arrow move the number increments anymore??? sheeesh!!!!

By le rat Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:12 pm
just made a new beat today; in mode JJ pad 11, the choice of poly or mono overlap didn't change anything.
is that a bug?