Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By waxmastawes Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:51 pm
no longer having to unplug the usb after loading. 8)

well maybe its not the best but for me its the most satisfying so far.

By es-k Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:56 am
oh. wow. you just made me switch. thanks

By distortedtekno Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:26 am
yeah i love that feature. less wear and tear on the usb socket is always a good thing as well.

By aflo Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:42 am
best feature is the trim screen zoom and scaling datawheel. no more SHIRT+Arrow then data wheel to change increments. I would like to see how much i'm zooming in though. Sometimes i loose track of which zoom i'm at... Just an idea.

By cl516 Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:03 am
i love mode pad 11
and the WHOLE button for changing settings.

also, whole works on filter and pitches
so that just opens up whole new shizzle.

By hoosdat Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:34 am
aflo wrote:... I would like to see how much i'm zooming in though. Sometimes i loose track of which zoom i'm at... Just an idea.

you can see the zoom level on the upper right hand part of the trim screen, where it says x1, x1.5 etc.

By stan steez Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:29 pm
Why I stick to OS 3

- Sample-Browser: More Control, better functionality, everything at a glance.

- Reworked Trim-Mode:
a) the possibilty to easily Zoom in and out of Slices.
b) the new way to set the number of slices easily by just turning the Data-Wheel (didn't use that auto-slice feature yet) - Very intuitive
c) Increases Workflow

- USB Mount feature (Like wax and other People said) increases Workflow as well

- Alternate Function of Shift-Button + DATA Wheel: again increases Workflow

- Grid Editor: Really good, to quantize Samples which weren't on time while recording. Plus it's good if u wanna just try things out without reprogramming it on the fly.

- PAD 11 + Datawheel: Overwiev of Samples and the Pads / Banks you put them on.

By stan steez Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:34 pm
aflo wrote:best feature is the trim screen zoom and scaling datawheel. no more SHIRT+Arrow then data wheel to change increments. I would like to see how much i'm zooming in though. Sometimes i loose track of which zoom i'm at... Just an idea.

Yeah I know that Problem. Its occurs when the zoom is too large, so that the end of the slice is not visible on-screen. If u then want to edit the ending point of that slice, the focus doesn't switch and bring it on-screen. But there's a Workaround! Just select the following slice and edit the Startpoint of it. This brings the ending part of the slice you want to edit in focus.

By StonesThrow Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:22 am
OS3 rocks my SOX!

By strength Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:35 am
aflo wrote:best feature is the trim screen zoom and scaling datawheel. no more SHIRT+Arrow then data wheel to change increments.
Last edited by strength on Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

By strength Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:36 am
aflo wrote:best feature is the trim screen zoom and scaling datawheel. no more SHIRT+Arrow then data wheel to change increments.

By Stokes Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:16 pm
Another cool thing is that you can work in trim mode while the sequencer is playing. I don't think you could do this prior. I know you couldn't do it with the 2000.

By gunmetal Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:34 am
(mode) pad 11

By **valentin** Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:11 am
yeah trim while the sequence is playing is gangsta!!!