Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By sonikboom Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:40 pm
i saw a features wish list on nym's forum so i figured we need one here.

my one wish...

q link sliders to controll effect send .
and somehow be able to select multiple pads for this. kind of like say, adjusting the reverb depth on 3 seperate pads.
if that made sense

and all hail the usb mount system. its what finally got me to swap over lastnight

By sonikboom Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:17 am
hmm no one has any wishes? odd.
By musicmake007 Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:30 am
Well there is a post in the old forum with some wishes, from myself 2.
But i think its best to wait until os3 final is released and we can see what new features there are. And than look at what other features the MPC needs.

Peace

By defect Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:54 am
my wish is that direct recording stops with the barlength....to get tight outpoints....yeeahh

greetz...

By savilion Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:18 pm
simult!

By djdsk Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:17 am
When in grid editor can select a bunch of notes press window key and then there would be a "whole" button like in the new program window so you could alter all of the selected notes parimiter like velocity or tune all together .

Also a "whole" button in the lfo and filter/amp envelopes so your setting can apply to the whole program .

By Arks Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:45 pm
Yeah bring back SIMULT!!!

I'm about to go back to an MPC 2000 because of the no SIMULT factor, so this would really help me out..

Also, I'd like to see the ability to SHIFT notes in the timing correct screen brought back.

(These were both features on the 2000 and 3000).

By loozman Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:58 pm
Well..I ain't sure JJ's really needs some more wishes for now but here's some function I'd love, I don't know if someone already asked for this:

In the next sequence screen I'd like to be able to switch a sequence from the next quantize value after hittin a pad instead it wait for the end of each sequence..if it was possible to record the result into another sequence that would be really nice.. but since it would transmit midi anyway you could still record the performance into another sequencer.

you see what I mean?..beat juggling style :wink:

By loozman Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:07 pm
Arks wrote:Yeah bring back SIMULT!!!

I'm about to go back to an MPC 2000 because of the no SIMULT factor, so this would really help me out..

Also, I'd like to see the ability to SHIFT notes in the timing correct screen brought back.

(These were both features on the 2000 and 3000).

cosign..essential features

By chilom Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:17 pm
Arks wrote:

will be in the new os 1.0 , recently added ;)

By Arks Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:19 pm
Word!

So all I need now is SIMULT and I'm back on board with the 1000!

JJ - straight killin it.

By Antonym Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:28 am
meanwhile, arks, i suggest you try giving that gridlayer tip a turn. it's different than what you might expect after working out of a traditional mpc sequencer, but the workflow is surprisingly smooth and really nice.

simult may very well come our way, but it opens a lot of questions regarding other things - namely the LFOs.

does each layer get its own LFO?

ideally, yes. that would be really great. that would turn the mpc into a somewhat disgustingly cool sampler-synth.

but whether or not it's likely is the question. we will see.

By ucacjbs Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:57 pm
From my understanding, simult makes a number of pads play at the same time, in which case, yes each layer (aka pad) would have its own envelopes, lfos etc.

Hmmm... what happens right now if you go the the notes screen in program mode and assign to pads to the same MIDI note number?

Something to try when I get home ...

Edit: I tried it, and nothing exciting happens. I didn't hook up an external controller, but I'm pretty confident that if I'd done so, I'd have been able to fake a 'simult' mode using an external controller. Not exactly what we're looking for, though.

By Arks Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:55 pm
Antonym wrote:meanwhile, arks, i suggest you try giving that gridlayer tip a turn. it's different than what you might expect after working out of a traditional mpc sequencer, but the workflow is surprisingly smooth and really nice.

simult may very well come our way, but it opens a lot of questions regarding other things - namely the LFOs.

does each layer get its own LFO?

Damn, I never thought about that! It does raise questions.

I'm interested in trying out the gridlayer tip you suggested Antonym, but would it be that effective (or work at all) for matching unquantised notes? In the MPC 3000 manual it says that TC off is equivalent to (1/384) time. Pretty sure that would be a fairly confusing grid!

To Ucacjbs - yeah the problem with setting a midi note number to trigger 2 pads is you cant turn that on and off easily/quickly like you can with simult mode when you want to edit individual sound parameters.

Peace