Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).

By Antonym Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:28 pm
I'm interested in trying out the gridlayer tip you suggested Antonym, but would it be that effective (or work at all) for matching unquantised notes? In the MPC 3000 manual it says that TC off is equivalent to (1/384) time. Pretty sure that would be a fairly confusing grid!

well for layering unquantised notes, it's easier to go into step edit, where you can simply hit the down button from note entry to note entry, rather than in grid edit where you have to scroll to the item, hit bank 2, and record your note.

in step edit you can just dub another pad right overtop.

By savilion Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:59 pm
Simult on the 2000 and other machiens allows you to trigger 2 other pads from the original one you are hitting making it able to layer/filter aswell as add fx to 3 individual layers because each layer is its own diffrent pad..simult would be the shit ...I would have no use for normal layering because...I could now filter /level /pan/add fx's aswell as lfo's to each layer ! none of this one filter for every layer of your kick wtf I m I gonna do with that layer some farts ! I dont wanna resample my layers if I wanna have the same kick but one of them with a low pass then if I dont like how I filtered it resample again...fukin nonsence ..... I didnt have to do that in 1997.. .I dont even own a 1000 ...but I do own a 2500 and layering is a pain and more time consuming ......its funny how they give you chop shop to save you time with trimming then make it a longer process to layer..... k just venting and I hope yall get simult so you can throw it in the 2500 peoples face aswell as akai! maybe that way when they see that the 1000 has a more powerfull os they will get the led out their ass!

By Arks Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:15 am
Yeah I'm with you guy! We really just need simult back.

To Antonym: I know all about step edit, but to be honest that sh*t is a real pain, its easier to do that in a computer sequencer really (I use logic at the moment - cut and paste is good to have!).

Guess I'll keep my fingers crossed..

Peace!

By bigman Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:56 am
Individual loop points for each track.

By Antonym Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:57 pm
savilion wrote:Simult on the 2000 and other machiens allows you to trigger 2 other pads from the original one you are hitting making it able to layer/filter aswell as add fx to 3 individual layers because each layer is its own diffrent pad..simult would be the **** ...I would have no use for normal layering because...I could now filter /level /pan/add fx's aswell as lfo's to each layer ! none of this one filter for every layer of your kick wtf I m I gonna do with that layer some farts ! I dont wanna resample my layers if I wanna have the same kick but one of them with a low pass then if I dont like how I filtered it resample again...fukin nonsence ..... I didnt have to do that in 1997.. .I dont even own a 1000 ...but I do own a 2500 and layering is a pain and more time consuming ......its funny how they give you chop shop to save you time with trimming then make it a longer process to layer..... k just venting and I hope yall get simult so you can throw it in the 2500 peoples face aswell as akai! maybe that way when they see that the 1000 has a more powerfull os they will get the led out their ass!

simult would definitely help the mpc1000/2500 be more of a sound crafter rather than a playback device, for sure. i'm fine without it but it would be a nice thing to have for sure. at this point, i'm "fine" with what we have, but everything we WILL have is definitely gonna be a big old +

By grinchmob Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:32 pm
I would love to be able to load samples from the program mode.....that would make layering mad quick..... plus i tune everything right there. :wink: